When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My 1st Post

Addicted to collecting watches & found this forum & now addicted to it!!I have severalgen.& many more cheap (&nasty)reps. Around a month ago I decided to buy a decent rep after spending way to much time reading RWG. Decided on Breitling 'Montbrillant' for my 1st of what was going to be many more purchases. After doing some homework & reading some feedback I contacted Ruby at Nicerep. They were friendly & helpful so I sent of my money waited with excitement for my package to arrive. When it arrived it looked great [a real credit to the makers] Trouble was it was not working, so I carfefully pulled out the crown to alter the time/date & the whole thing fell out. I contacted Ruby on many occasions over a number of weeks via email & had no reply what so ever. What should I do? or is this is what I should expect sending over $400.00AU to get a wrist ornament that does'nt even tic, I hope not cause I was looking foreward to many more. Has anyone had a similar experience or is it something to do with Australia being so far away they can send all the [censored] down here, or have I dealt with the wrong collector this time!!any advice would be app.

Hey buddy. Sorry to hear that. Dont know about ruby but I dont think anyone has been completely screwed over from a dealer recomended on the forums. and I doubt (hope) you wont be either. sent my breit 6.75 back to china and I am bricking it that customs are gonna get it and I will lose my watch and my $400. I am sure lots of people will tell you not to worry but you still dont have your watch so it is a [censored].

sorry im not more help just a newbie myself. hope it goes well.

I'm surprised you've had a problem with Ruby - she's usually first-rate for customer service, and I can't quite understand what has gone wrong. I assume you're emailing the correct address? (goldmedal88@126.com)

I'd try emailing her again - if you still don't get a response, you could try a PM via her dealer forum here or on RepGeek. If all else fails, contact one of the moderators on here - they may be able to help you resolve the problem.

Good luck!

Just as a side point though mate. in business you bend over backwards for newbie customers coz they are the ones who are likely to be spending more money. It seems to work the other way around here.From my experience it seems you need to earn your stripes with the dealers. I have heard all sorts of stories about dealers giving instant refunds, sending a replacement before they recieve your broken watch, free straps, big discounts on your next order and so on. It seems these cherries are reserved for the big boys and not the newbies.

Just a newbies opinion.

Just as a side point though mate. in business you bend over backwards for newbie customers coz they are the ones who are likely to be spending more money. It seems to work the other way around here.From my experience it seems you need to earn your stripes with the dealers. I have heard all sorts of stories about dealers giving instant refunds, sending a replacement before they recieve your broken watch, free straps, big discounts on your next order and so on. It seems these cherries are reserved for the big boys and not the newbies.

Just a newbies opinion.

LOL - Start spending and posting and become a "big boy".

Wow - Member envy :p:p

Just a newbies opinion.

Nope - that wasn't my experience at all....

Thanks for that Ive been trying to contact her through the 'contact us' button on her web which was a quick response to take my money, tried 6 times and have just about given up. Will try goldmetal now & see how I go. My 2nd & 3rd attempt tried to dangle the more orders carrot,which was gen. but after that I may of got a bit nasty. As I have mentioned I was pleasantly surprised by the overall apperance, weight & detail when I opened the package. I'm sure a was just unlucky & if/when we resolve this I have a few already picked out. My instant concern was the return customs visits. I noticed like a blue tape over all the "important" bits, does anyone know if this is simply protection or does it help it get through or is there any tips for this. I guess I don't have that to worry about yet if at all

Thanks for that Ive been trying to contact her through the 'contact us' button on her web which was a quick response to take my money, tried 6 times and have just about given up. Will try goldmetal now & see how I go. My 2nd & 3rd attempt tried to dangle the more orders carrot,which was gen. but after that I may of got a bit nasty. As I have mentioned I was pleasantly surprised by the overall apperance, weight & detail when I opened the package. I'm sure a was just unlucky & if/when we resolve this I have a few already picked out. My instant concern was the return customs visits. I noticed like a blue tape over all the "important" bits, does anyone know if this is simply protection or does it help it get through or is there any tips for this. I guess I don't have that to worry about yet if at all

I"m assuming this is the A7750 version and not a quartz or 21j?

Regardless...the blue stuff should either just peel off, or in some parts, you can scratch it off with your nail (e.g. crown). That's just protection.

I have found that yes, when placing an order, their response time for most of the dealers is pretty fast. When there are problems, the response time is much slower...but, all the dealers I've worked with recommended here have eventually come through. It sometimes takes up to 2 months, but things work out. I always say it's a bit of a gamble this rep game...and it's equal parts excitement over what you will get, vs. meeting expectations.

If the thing isn't ticking it all...it might be the rotor is not working (loose or gear has slipped) and may need a manual wind to kick start things. You can see if it's a manual wind issue and manual wind it GENTLY for a hand full of turns. Don't manual wind an A7750 as a general practice...a gentle swirl to get things going should be sufficient.

If it works then...try wearing it and see if the rotor will wind things up and keep things going.

If it won't work even with a manual wind...then it may be something more serious. Either way...you may have to do a return to get another one if the movement is crapped out. It should cost around $20 and take up to 2 months. I've been there and done that a few times...never without a problem except for anxiety the first few times...or, if you know a watchmaker, you can have them look at it.

LOL - Start spending and posting and become a "big boy".

Wow - Member envy :p:p

No offence buddy, its just that I dont want to be a big boy. I just want the watch that I paid for on the 13th of September to look like the one I ordered and to be on my wrist. :)

So to get a good service from a dealer do I have to spend lots of money first?

And you are damn right. I am envious of every member that has ever bought a rep and recieved it in a week without having to send the thing back because the person that posted it couldnt even be bothered to look at the thing and see it had a problem. My rep didnt need qc it just needed someone that had eyes. :rolleyes:

Appreciate the attention from the watch guru. Yep A7750 probably should have spend the xtra dosh for the better movement? Have tried all your suggestions with no joy & even taken the thing to my watchmaker which I have some respect. He laughed at the whole episode & said he didn't want to touch it at this time just in case Ruby had some warranty voids or something like that? Have viewed info/profile on Ruby & it seems she hasn't been on rwg since 5th September(can you confirm) so there could be some logical explanation for her non response ie: illness/holiday??Anyway I will take your advise & exercise some patience. I think I was probaly looking too far into it with the blue plastic thing thinking that it helped to blur xray machines as it was only on the parts that read Breitling.

Do you think I could simply put the watch back into the original packaging & write "return to sender", do you think it would get back?

Thanks again

The crown came out the 1st time I tried to pull it out(not hard) I have asked the dealer if it was supposed to be a screw-in crown to help with water proofing as stated on shopping page, do you know if this is the case. At nay level I can't move any of the arms ect

The crown came out the 1st time I tried to pull it out(not hard) I have asked the dealer if it was supposed to be a screw-in crown to help with water proofing as stated on shopping page, do you know if this is the case. At nay level I can't move any of the arms ect

i recently tried contacting Ruby myself for an Omega Speedmaster moon, NO reply that was 5 weeks ago...even pm'd here 2 weeks ago. NO REPLY. LAST i got was a generic reply to my email inbox saying she/he was on vacation...but that was OVER 1 month ago! his/her profile says they were last seen on the 5th of Sept 08 on this board...

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee