When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clark vs Ofrei vs JewelryOutlet

triplehd

Just ordered PT's Ultimate Sub without the engraving. Looks to be the same case as the WM9 M Series Case.

We all know about the horrible etch crystal. So Im looking to replace the crystal, but not gonna spend $200+ on the gen crystal.

I know that there are some threads about this, but figure we settle it right here - which aftermarket to get:

1 - Clarks?

2 - Ofrie?

3 - JewelryOutlet

Now, whichever aftermarket crystal is the best - what's the next step? A gen gasket?

Here's Clark's

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clark-Sapphire-crystal...1742.m153.l1262

Ofrei is at ofrei.com- look under generic Rolex parts

Wholesale outlet- aka jewleryoutlet555

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAPPHIRE-WATCH-CRYSTAL...id=p3286.c0.m14

Here's a 4th guy I ran across today- this guy is different from wholesaleoutlet/jewelryoutlet555- that Faisal Ali turkey- down in Sugar Land, a SW suburb of Houston.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=140036027008

I ordered one of these just to see what it's like- it appears to have the groove in the middle of the crystal- similar to gen hopefully. Should get it early next week.

Sapphire crystals are not really my thing, but, based on my Plexiglas lens experience, Clarks lenses are a close 2nd to the gen Tropics. They are the only aftermarket lenses I have found that have the same clarity & 'sparkle' (this probably relates to Nanuq's rainbow effect when viewed through a polarizing filter) of the gens. Although I think Ofrei offers a number of great parts, their aftermarket Rolex crystals, like every other aftermarket lens I have tried, lack this.

And calling Faisal a turkey is an insult to turkeys (but he might look like 1 after being basted, wrapped in aluminum foil & baked at 400 degrees for about 2 hours with an apple in his gob :whistling: ).

From the other threads, it sounded like Ofrie was a good choice, but others feel different about Ofrei.

So now its between Clark and JewelryOutlet. As long as I get a gen gasket, does it matter between Clark or JewelryOutlet?

Just ordered PT's Ultimate Sub without the engraving. Looks to be the same case as the WM9 M Series Case.

We all know about the horrible etch crystal. So Im looking to replace the crystal, but not gonna spend $200+ on the gen crystal.

I know that there are some threads about this, but figure we settle it right here - which aftermarket to get:

1 - Clarks?

2 - Ofrie?

3 - JewelryOutlet

Now, whichever aftermarket crystal is the best - what's the next step? A gen gasket?

I have heard that Casker sells an excellent 295 crystal but haven't seen one in person.