When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage - It's done - Lot of close ups

Merlin

Very nice Merlin, everything works well with that combo.

I was in the process of doing a vintage myself.

I even had my cat help me vintage the dial & movement, shame it was in the movement holder & not the case when he decided to launch it off the desk, ah well time to find another dial,hands & stem :D

I'm building my own one... I wonder where u can get this big number dial. i only can find this type of dial in 47mm.... So now i just sourced a normal "Marina Minlitare" 44mm dial...

I'll share its pics when it's complete... My preference is the silver dagger shaped hands!

;-)

the 45mm dial is from helenarou on ebay. she sure has it on request. usually the 44 has the wrong font.

Just do it! looking forward to see the pics ;)

Edited by Merlin

So. .. the 45mm dial can fit in 44mm case perfectly?

the rep dials 44/45 should be interchangeable - at least my 45 dial fits also in my 44mm 177h -_-

but if you have a 44mm case the 44mm font is ok.

Edited by Merlin

the rep dials 44/45 should be interchangeable - at least my 45 dial fits also in my 44mm 177h -_-

but if you have a 44mm case the 44mm font is ok.

I see, thanks for ur advice.... rite now the 44mm dial (plain fonts) is on its way anyway.. So i'll just give it a go... let's see what's the end result looks like if i dont break it first, hahaha...

Great looking watch. You have knocked the case around to age it, but is has the smoothnes of age as well.

How have you done this? It looks awesome!

patience! I didn't want to go over the top. a few smacks with a small hammer and very little griding - no sharp edges. but it's very important to polish it afterwards again, to make the marks look older ^_^ .

Cool pictures. The lume aging looks great. The movement says 440. What is it?

The dial looks like it has a couple circle indentations in it? Am I seeing that correctly?

The movement is a 3601 molnija from the 50s. Thats not 440 but (I think) two russian letters and "3" looks like "443".

The dial has this two circles from a test in the oven. there were 2 bubbles which I polished out. But hey - don't mind, it's a vintage dial :p

Hi Merlin it's an awesome timepiece you got there :1a:

Is the Molnija in working condition? How does it perform?

Apart of its great looks does it keep good time?

Enjoy your immaculate watch my friend.

thanks,

the movement works just great.

it keeps really good time and there was no need to adjust it since the start of this thread (ten days - less than a minute, no second hand -_- ).

and this is quite good for such an old movement ^_^