When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I have a new Submariner...

chefcook

That's a really nice sub, I may be completely off the mark here but that looks gen to me?

That is what I thought too...but I didn't want to sound stupid if it was not :shock:

From pics, unless they show some certain angles, it's really hard to tell for me.

The crystal is great and some other details look like very gen indeed, but who knows these days, it might be a super franken too.

Anyways, that is a great watch, so congrats again

That is what I thought too...but I didn't want to sound stupid if it was not :shock:

From pics, unless they show some certain angles, it's really hard to tell for me.

The crystal is great and some other details look like very gen indeed, but who knows these days, it might be a super franken too.

Anyways, that is a great watch, so congrats again

Being a Breitling fan I can claim ignorance of the Rolex brand if it isn't, whereas the Rolex experts like yourself...well that's a different matter ;)

It's like you say either a superfranken, or a gen. If it is a franken it certainly is a good one! Wear it well!

Guest acg2010

Probly a superfranken.

If I remember correctly, the flat "S" which this appears to have, was only available on gen subs that would have had lugholes, because it was in the 90's I believe.

If I remember correctly, the flat "S" which this appears to have, was only available on gen subs that would have had lugholes, because it was in the 90's I believe.

Not true. "Flat S" has been available always, no matter what decade the watch is from. I have a real-life friend who bought a brand new model (in 2006) with flat S.

Well thought, but it's not true. :)

It's rarer variation but definitely no logic there (between old and new). HERE is a Ebay auction of a 2004 model with flat S. I've seen a 2007 model with flat S.

I love the flat S, that's why I wanted the WM9.

Well thought, but it's not true. :)

It's rarer variation but definitely no logic there (between old and new). HERE is a Ebay auction of a 2004 model with flat S. I've seen a 2007 model with flat S.

I love the flat S, that's why I wanted the WM9.

you realize that you r nuts in the eyes of 99.9% of the peeps. flat or no flat s... :-))))))))))))))

that is why i love this forum. enough people more nuts then i am...

you realize that you r nuts in the eyes of 99.9% of the peeps. flat or no flat s... :-))))))))))))))

that is why i love this forum. enough people more nuts then i am...

Yes, I realize that I'm completely NUTS. But I have no problem with it. I love being nuts.

And besides, most people are nuts about something. It might be the sports statistics, cars, boats, etc. For me it's watches.

Well at least in my eyes it beats watching reality TV and soaps. :)

In short this is the same Sub that Ubi built - nearly: WM9 with gen bezel assembly, gen insert, gen crystal, gen crown. Aftermarket case tube (which has allready proven to be sh*t and will be replaced by a gen), noob bracelet with WM9 clasp, WM9 divers extension and WM9 first outer links. The endlinks are modified noob SELs. I modded the CGs slightly and ground the engraving out of the rehaut - yes, this was a M series with engraving.

I have still plans for this watch: Dial and hands get superlumed with genuine C1 Superluminova and maybe I'll buy a gen bracelet.

This watch feels sooo gen and nice on the wrist that one could think of selling his gen Submariner. This is definitely a keeper for me and I like it more than my gen at the moment.

That's what I thought... I wouldn't have been able to tell without owning a WM9. And you're absolutely correct: This watch is so amazing when all the mods have been performed, it's unreal.

None of us were able to detect Ubi's WM9. It's the case and rehaut that make the difference. Perfection.

Congrats!

very very nice - congrats !

u sure you like it more than your gen ? ;)

weak points for me at these WM9s are

the bracelet, lume, date wheel and crown position -

(after you replaced the crystal, bezel + insert :)

and shaved the CGs )

but all in all the best Role Rep you can get at the moment.

cheers,

Frank