When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

T-crowns - please read this info if you have ordered one

t

I am in for some more T60 and T48. Yes, it fits DSN case Ti.

As for the stem, actually ETA/Asian 7750 can be fitted with 1.2mm stem too (it comes with 2 sizes from ETA). But ALL Asian 7750 based reps that I have seen all comes with 0.9mm stem. Yes, you need new stem for most of the case (I have fitted on a few PAM auto and manual wind, all need new stem). Unless you want to glue to stem thread to the crown to adjust the length, then you need new stem.

Hi Guys,

I'm going to buy a few t-crowns but I'm not sure about the size of the stem needed to fit the DSN swiss movement rep. What's the size 0.9 or 1.2mm? Please, help.

Cheers

all hand wind 6497 (if asian or swiss) use 1.2mm stem size (and all swiss valjoux 7750)

all auto movements (ETA 2836,2892,2893) and asia 7750 movements use 0.9mm stem size

can't wait for the T-48's... the T-60's look good too though!

Noob question:

Ok figured out the stem size issue.

And 48 & 60 - this refers to number of teeth. Am I correct when assuming some Pams have 48 teeth and some have 60?

If so, is there a list of which model has such-n-such number of teeth? First of all looking for a crown for 201A.

Thanks, MG

EDIT: 48/60 ISSUE UNDERSTOOD. IF THERE ARE OTHER CONFUSED NOOBS LIKE ME OUT THERE:

48 TEETH IS PER GEN, 60 TEETH IS INCORRECT BUT LOOKS GOOD.

post-2870-1224758670_thumb.jpg

all hand wind 6497 (if asian or swiss) use 1.2mm stem size (and all swiss valjoux 7750)

all auto movements (ETA 2836,2892,2893) and asia 7750 movements use 0.9mm stem size

I wouldn't quite agree with this - all 7750 can use 1.2 and .9 stems, it just depends what kind of crown you have. Part of the stem that goes into movement is identical on both kinds. The thing is that most of reps use 0.9 stems, I guess it's 0.00000002 cents cheaper, and lot of gens use 1.2 stems, since they give much more robust feel to the crown, especially when you have large case i.e. long stem.

regards