When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recieved my new Navitimer from Eurotimez

rollo105

I received my Breitling Navitimer from Chris at Eurotimez today and I must say that I am bit disappointed. There are a couple of issues to address:

The AR coating looks absolutely terrible. Obviously there has been a lot of dirt on the sapphire when it was coated, so the coating is full of blisters and shades. Please see attached picture. Moreover, the coating is very thick, almost as if it has been applied with a brush. Feeling with my finger over the sapphire, it is not an even surface, all the blisters are clearly felt. There is also a feeling of a

I have a gen navitimer, and the subdials do sometimes have a "goldenish" look, depending on the light. They look whiter in daylight than with artificial light. So I think that's ok.

I think your navitimer does look quite nice actually.

Except for the AR coating... That does indeed not look very good in your picture.

On the gen the AR is really nice. In certain angles, it looks like there is no sapphire at all, it becomes "invisible".

And don't worry, apart from this gen I also have some reps of course :-)

I received my Breitling Navitimer from Chris at Eurotimez today and I must say that I am bit disappointed. There are a couple of issues to address:

The AR coating looks absolutely terrible. Obviously there has been a lot of dirt on the sapphire when it was coated, so the coating is full of blisters and shades. Please see attached picture. Moreover, the coating is very thick, almost as if it has been applied with a brush. Feeling with my finger over the sapphire, it is not an even surface, all the blisters are clearly felt. There is also a feeling of a

Dude it looks to me that the crystal still has the thin layer of protective plastic stuck to it.

See if you can peel it off as this normally protects the crystal in transit.

No, the plastic has been removed. It is as bad, or actually even worse, as it looks on the picture! :(

That sure looks like a very thin plastic cover with "airbubbles" under it.

I had an mp3-player once that I cursed since the display was really bad, looking something like your rep....until I realised that there was a protective plastic cover on it and it was quite hard to remove too...

So check once more time please to see whether this is not a protective plastic coating and not a bad AR treatment...

It looks on your Pics that there is still a plastic Foile

on the Glass

A rep comes never with a Box, only when you ordered one with the watch.

When you got a problem with a watch from dealer, first contact himto solve the

problem.

That's only fair ;)

Yeah, you are right! There was two layers of plastic covering the sapphire. When I had removed the first one; I thought that was it. :doh:

What can I say, the only excuse I have is that this is my first buy of a rep.... :blush:

And of course I have already contacted Chris, prior to posting this thread. This is not at all to discredite Chris, it it just to ask from you guys what I should expect when buying a rep, regadless of vendor choosen.

Otherwise the watch now looks great. Everything is working fine, also the chronos. The manual wind feels confident and there is no strange or scraping sound from the rotor. Moving the bezel feels great.

The only thing to fix is that the watch was delvered with a croc strap, instead of the brown leather strap that I ordered. But that is an easy fix.

So, overall I am ver happy with the watch! I will take som better photos to add to this thread.

Had a 46mm Heritage on rubber strap delivered from Chris this week, was my first purchase.

It arrived in a jiffy bag and in a polystyrene box, was very well wrapped.

Watch is so good my friend who has two gen Breitlings wont believe it's not made of gen parts !!!

There is a very minor issue with the deployment clasp which I have mailed Chris about, but the other than

that it is amazing..

It does look as though Nav in your pic still has a plastic film on it to protect the glass, I would check again.

EDIT : Sorry just seen your reply beat me to it ...

Edited by wazza3000

Unfortunately the Navis don't have any AR :(

The Navis have single sided AR.. and the latest batches has much improved AR than the one I got a year ago.

Just a shame I have my new Navi (bought in aug) at K2222.. I would rather choose to h ave the new standard "one-side-OK-AR" than no watch at all

;)

hehe

regarding the plastic on the crystal,.. pretty funny ;)

hehe - but hey, we are all new once..

- tazz

The Navis have single sided AR.. and the latest batches has much improved AR than the one I got a year ago.

Just a shame I have my new Navi (bought in aug) at K2222.. I would rather choose to h ave the new standard "one-side-OK-AR" than no watch at all

Hey Tazz, you are not alone. Bought my MontBrilliant in Aug too and shipped straight from Chris to Jakub. Never set my eye on it eve once.

Yes, I know....

I should be washed with a wet noodle.... :blush::frusty:

Nevermind... Everyone makes mistakes here, both sides, dealers and buyers... That time the fault was your own. Next time be more careful and if you are sure something not good happened to your transaction, first discuss it with the dealer and then inform us about the outcome of both the transaction and the way the problem was solved or not.

Welcome to the world of rwg ... You made a really good choice dealing with Chris