When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are you driving?

alphakazi

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyday driving, im on this one.

E32.jpg

on weekends i drive this

463976.jpg

463977.jpg

Im actually going to check out this one as a daily driver tonight.

I always thought jags where really beautiful, and the x300 is probably the most reliable one

1348100.jpg

1979 Ford Pinto Wagon. She's a looker isnt she?

2838081451_b4c5e843a2.jpg

I love these boxy american cars. They are top:-)

rkdk:

Are you on DK or UK? The Beemer is a RHD with UK plates, but all the rest are LHD! What year is the XJ8? I looked into these a couple of years ago, and the newer V8's are (among other things) more reliable than its V6 predecessor, but with the same MPG rating.

I'm sorry but I can't believe members who drive a 90.000$ to 125.000$ cars and bought replica watch. That just an antagonism... C'mon guys PLEASE!!!!

I think you mean "anachronism", and no, not really....

my house costs much more but I still buy replica's

not blowing money needlessly allows one to spend on what's important - a $20-30,000 watch for a working man is just silliness - even a $5k watch is unnecessary

where I'm from $100k income/ year after taxes doesn't get you very far - it's definitely not a great idea to blow $ on an expensive gen - especially these days :rolleyes:

after all, it's a bloody watch for God sakes - it's a fashionable way to tell time

Now, that's antagonism!

:lol:

Sorry but the word is antagonism and not "anachronism". I know what I say.

Sadly not.

Antagonism: noun

1. an active hostility or opposition, as between unfriendly or conflicting groups: the antagonism between the liberal and the conservative parties.

2. an opposing force, principle, or tendency: Her plan to become an actress met with the antagonism of her family.

3. Physiology. an opposing action, as by one muscle in relation to another.

4. the opposing action of substances, as drugs, that when taken together decrease the effectiveness of at least one of them (contrasted with synergism).

5. Ecology.

a. a relationship between two species of organisms in which the individuals of each species adversely affect the other, as in competition.

b. the inhibition of the growth of one type of organism by a different type that is competing for the same ecological niche.

Anachronism: noun

n.

1. The representation of someone as existing or something as happening in other than chronological, proper, or historical order.

2. One that is out of its proper or chronological order, especially a person or practice that belongs to an earlier time: "A new age had plainly dawned, an age that made the institution of a segregated picnic seem an anachronism" (Henry Louis Gates, Jr.)

Strictly speaking, anachronism is also incorrect in this instance, but it's close to what you appear to mean. "incongruity" might have been a better choice of word.

Sorry but where i'm living people who buy Aston Martin buy real Rolex. Look. When you buy this type of car, you live in a 1,000,000$ house with 125,000$ car and a 5,000$ watch.

antagonism: is when 2 things are oposit. Ex: You have enough money to buy a 125,000$ car but not enough money to buy a 1,000$ watch (or more). THAT's antagonism. I know many of us have hobbys (I love cars and I can do stupid things for that). BUT, here any bank can give money to a "normal man" with a "normal" life who want buy an expensive car...

Imagine: car:125,000$, insurance: 12,000$/year, gas:70$/2days.

I know what I say and exactly what I'm talking about.

:lol:

Sadly not.

Strictly speaking, anachronism is also incorrect in this instance, but it's close to what you appear to mean. "incongruity" might have been a better choice of word.

Yep, maybe in french that different. So, next time I will use "incongruity". Thanks for the english lesson.