When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Pam Fans

Finepics

If you search through the forum (54 pages) there are lots more photos to be had - this site is a bloody goldmine and I'm amazed at how many vintage watches there are out there, specially the prototype 2533!! How many did they make of them?

This might have been posted before, but this is a chart that shows approxiamtely how many of each vintage was produced.

Its interesting that the pre-v a panerai are called replicas.

http://www.clubpanerai.com/referenzeeng.htm

Eddy

I had forgotten that and what's interesting is that it shows only one 2533 being made yet the one in the photos on this site is not the same as the one in the Panerai Museum. The crystal is damaged in this one so is it a hommage or is it genuine? Translation is needed!!!

I had forgotten that and what's interesting is that it shows only one 2533 being made yet the one in the photos on this site is not the same as the one in the Panerai Museum. The crystal is damaged in this one so is it a hommage or is it genuine? Translation is needed!!!

Holy Moses!

and this one is a 15 jewel mvmt "like" ours:

http://uploads.forumfree.net/post-273238-1148397127.jpg

Cheers,

M.

Edited by madasboot

@ALL

this web-site shows pictures of vintage Pannies that belong to 1 guy.

He is the "PROFESSOR" of Panerai before Richemont, Vendome, Stallone.

His shop is in Italy and he is a dealer for these vintage pieces.

All pic´s were shot during a visit from another Italien Paneristi!

BTW: the 2533 is a prototype, 1 of a kind....the "PROFESSOR" told me personal.

Theo

• 5 months later...

I've checked this site numerous times since Mark's first post, and only just found this thread. There are some images of original dials removed from the cases, as well as several close ups of the original caseback openers from the forties!

However, the Luminor Panerai dial with seconds @9 (my current project) doesn't appear to have plastic filled indices, and the top 'layer' appears to be a very thin steel plate (unlike the plastic ones we're used to seeing) - the lume has turned grey / white, so perhaps it is still Radium? As far as I know, it is the plastic that yellows, not the luminous material. Also, check out the thickness on the Rolex dials, they certainly show up our reps!! It's a great site, thanks again for posting it, Mark.