When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New "high-end" fashion/statement of wealth phones coming soon

Chronus

I always thought of the iPhone as a fashion statement, but at least it has some funcitonality... These are the "high end" (in terms of style and materials used rather than operatability) phones coming out.

Motorola are releasing their premium phone range soon... a lot of familiarity for us watch fans.

"The assisted-opening blade mechanism with a Swiss-crafted main bearing is another construction highlight of the swivel handset."

"The Motorola Aura surface has a protective PVD coating and mirror polish finish (purportedly the same as the ones of luxury watches). "

It does actually look interesting... but it's $2,000:

http://www.gsmarena.com/luxurious_motorola...00-news-638.php

Mobiado release 3 expensive phones.

"The 105EM Special Edition White of the Mobiado will be have a body made of burl wood inserted into a nickel-plated brass frame (dermatitis, anyone?). The screws are made of titanium and the buttons are made of pure sapphire crystal, hand painted with silver paint."

"The Red special edition is too made of burl wood but unlike the white one its brass frame is 24K gold plated and so are the brass screws. The buttons of the 105EM Special Edition Red are made of sapphire crystal, hand painted with 24-karat gold."

"The new Mobiado 105CLB has been crafted from large pieces of sapphire crystal and printed from beneath with the silver Mobiado monogram. Its frame is manufactured from aircraft aluminum, polished and then again nickel plated. The unique battery cover is made of a single piece of sapphire crystal."

http://www.gsmarena.com/mobiado_releases_t...ch-news-637.php

And here's a review of the Nokia Carbon Arte 8800:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_8800_carbon_...-review-284.php

For those that want to say "I am rich" without opening their mouths, flash these phones around... the downside is that they don't have as much functionality as many low-end handsets you can get with the usual firms like Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG etc.

Until they get at least the functionality of N or E series Symbian phones on Nokia, these will pretty much be hamstrung for me. Then again, if I could afford one of these phones, I wouldn't need a lot of those functions, I'd probably have a personal assistant (or two) to take care of everything.

Edited by Chronus

I am a self confessed approval junkie....C'mon china get reppin :)

Be lucky @ll :)

LOL

only problem with repping these relatively basic phones (for the current day and age), they still don't replicate the OS for some reason. I have no idea what is the difficulty with doing that. Perhaps using cheap internal components that can't handle it ? And a dud OS is not the same as not having a flyback on a 212 ... that's a function that most people with genuines may not even use!

I'm sure these phones will get repped superficially at least ;)

The Nokia looks quite good, but when I first saw the picture of the Motorola closed, I thought it looked like a set of bathroom scales... :whistling::bicycle::bangin:

It is an exclusive and uniqued design so I think it will still have it's rich customers - after all, non of the riff-raff will be able to get one ;)

In a world where people actually paid 1000 bucks for a functionless "application" for the iPhone that put a picture of a ruby along with the words "I am rich" on your display everything is possible ->

http://www.luxist.com/2008/08/06/i-am-rich-iphone-app/

This thing actually sold 7 times before Apple pulled it from the appstore. Damn ... I whish it would have stayed ... would have been an easy rep :)

So, now I will have to implement plan B: An "unforgeable" 3D hologram sticker portraying Ueber-spoiled-brat-dumb-[censored] P. Hilton along with the sentence "I am rich and you ain't" for 2000$ a piece which people with just too much money can slap on their cellphones.

Have always had a weakness for these high end phones, started with the original 8110 I think it was then the 8800 and then the 8600 luna then the 8800 sirocco and now have the 8800 sirocco sapphire arte which has a real sapphire in it so you can imagine the price ;) Have just gone for the Vertu rep that Sql_pl is offering to see if I like it before shelling out for a real one -- if I can justify it :p

Also don't forget that TAG Heuer also have a high end phone which is supposed to use their knowledge of "watch making" precision to provide the "best ever" battery life

Just checked the Motorola phone, looks like a older model they released a couple years ago

Edited by exper

You know the companies that left it a bit late when the press releases get trotted out just as the recession kicks in properly. The market for super luxury "silly money" type products always dries up when the economy drops, And this time will be exception.

Hmmm personally i find this to be gimmicks, completely un useful phones for me... i can call send text from a 10 euro phone ...

Laz

I'm sorry I just find that absurd because if you apply that ehtos to things in life then why bother with rep's or gen watches for that matter, the market stall $10 folexs should suffice you - ah well each to their own