When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TrustyTime's 488USD Rolex Submariner

Guest Dr.TuB

I got this in the mail today.

what do you guys think?

i persoanlly think the bezel is pretty accurate comparing to the gen on the rollie's website

Hi, my opinion is :

Good Bracelet, good magnificer cyclops, bad position of cyclops (too right) and conical rehaut, the crystal not seem to be thick seen from angle,

i think it' the same of his ROLBEG002A - Submariner Black "NEWBIE" Edition - Asia 21J $98.00

only it's asian than Swiss ETA and have no QC

i prefer to spend the same for four TRUSTY SPECIAL at $78.00 each one plus 1 ROLSD004A - Rolex Super Sea Dweller 1:1 LITE Edn - Asia 2813 $98.00

Conclusion:

Save more

$ 332.00 than initial $488.00

and you can use one for day ;)

I would send it back claiming that it is not a Genuine Swiss ETA!!!

or

Claim that this is NOT an 'Ultimate' version by any means!!!

Nothing on the watch resembles the genuine article nor is there anything ULTIMATE about it...

I would ask him to send it back and get all of the "lite" models that "sub16610" is talking about above...

at least those resemble the gen in some manner!!!

EDIT: I would also press on you to READ and LEARN from this forum! Its here as tool to help you. take advantage of it, but mostly give back!

The good thing is, we have ALL done what you have done... i have plenty of reps that i bought when i should have just done some research and/or waited for the next model...

I have also bought almost every "new" submariner model there is hoping that one day, i can find something i wear more than my gen... (mostly to keep it looking good)

PP

For $100 less you can have a BK Mariner......unfortunately too many issues as described here for $488? I have bought a few watches from Trusty..he is a good dealer but you have to know what to buy.

or

Nothing on the watch resembles the genuine article nor is there anything ULTIMATE about it...

I would ask him to send it back and get all of the "lite" models that "sub16610" is talking about above...

EDIT: I would also press on you to READ and LEARN from this forum! Its here as tool to help you. take advantage of it, but mostly give back!

The good thing is, we have ALL done what you have done... i have plenty of reps that i bought when i should have just done some research and/or waited for the next model...

I have also bought almost every "new" submariner model there is hoping that one day, i can find something i wear more than my gen... (mostly to keep it looking good)

PP

or

PP

Hes right on the money.

I was lucky found this site and bought a euromariner .

It was handled by 2 used rolex dealers this week. They thought it was gen.....and i haent had it modded ...yet.

To all: thank you for your honesty. I really do appreciate it.

I guess this is the only way i can learn (from my stupid mistakes)

are there anyway i can go about returning this watch to trusty?

Hey I am sorry about my last comment - I didn

Also, how do i tell that the watch is swiss ETA or asian copy?

if i were to open the caseback, wouldnt i make the watch non water resistant?

also are there anyway for me to open the caseback without any the proper rolex case back opener?

Also, how do i tell that the watch is swiss ETA or asian copy?

if i were to open the caseback, wouldnt i make the watch non water resistant?

also are there anyway for me to open the caseback without any the proper rolex case back opener?

Yes - you can buy a thing called a "horb" - it is a rubber ball you press firmly against the rear of the watch, and turn. It takes a log of pressure but it has opened all my watches. It is cheap and won

ohhhh....

cuz i thought it was advertised as uni-directional bezel...

that's correct...NO? counts time elasped NOT down and turns in only one direction for safety reasons.

enjoy

haha

so thats what uni-directional mean....

im sorry i wasnt thinking straight.

YES that's correct.. Uni-directional NOT Bi-directional

Uni-directional:

Operating or moving or allowing movement in one direction only