When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clean Rolex

triosLescano

What about soaking it in olive oil? am told it makes

a big difference to the feel and movement of the bracelet?

What about soaking it in olive oil? am told it makes

a big difference to the feel and movement of the bracelet?

Lol! i bet you've read my thread on my modding project. I ve used olive oil to soak the bracelet to give it the buttery feel ... I would never recoment to soak the whole watch in (olive) oil .. Just soak some tomatos my friend instead and make a tasty greek salad.. but not your watch in olive oil :p

Mmm never heard of shaving cream... I clean using a mild soap solution and place the entire disassembled Rolex bracelet in a bath of mineral oil for a week (a bit of overkill, but hey). Then I put on kitchen gloves and reassemble the screwed links / bracelet IN the bucket of mineral oil. Then I work the links back and forth in the oil for a few minutes once assembled. I then take the bracelet out and pat dry all the surface oil and wash the bracelet in warm water while gently working the links to get the surface oil out... what remains is a bracelet that (esp. since I've sanded down the sharp links and used this oil method) feels identical (if not better) to my gen 16610 bracelet.

I use a "dry" soft toothbrush .. to remove the oils and "dead skin" (sounds grosse) from the case back.. and a "dry" polishing cloth .. I actually do this after wearing any watch, as soon as I take it off .. takes a minute or so..

that gunk that is in the cracks after a hot day is actually your dead skin cells.. it is super grosse.. -_- .. and one of my many obsessions to be free of.. B)

or you can alway's put it in your pants pocket and throw it in the wash ... don't expect it to keep any time though.. :rolleyes:

@im2... greek salad sounds soooo good.. but with extra feta and olives... with a nice steak and king crab legs... now I'm HUNGRY.. :huh:

You guys are far too gentle with your watches! When I got my Doxa it was coated with this nasty crown crud like the previous owner had worked in sanitation and never cleaned his watch. It was naaaaaaaaaaasty.

So I used an abrasive toothpaste and a stiff brush and went over the thing thoroughly, 3 times. I removed the bracelet and cleaned in between the lugs... more of the same. I went over the bracelet thoroughly... more of the same. In the end it came out sparkly clean and I am guaranteed no cavities for a year!

:tu:

I just dont clean my rolex's

And i mean my GEN rolex, and in all my friends that have rolex i don't think one of them ever though of cleaning his watch.

One of my best friens actually painted his little girl room to make it pretty for the birth and has now enourmous spot of paint stuck into his sub band, and guess what, he just wait for them to go ...

You don' really have the same perpective when you have been daily wearing your sub during 15 year and knows you will for 15 more ...

Somtime rep collector a just much more respectfull than a gen owner.

At least this is true for a rolex sport model as people buy them for there robustness and see them as the 4x4 watch.

Now id DO clean my JLC :)

Use alloy wheel cleaner and a jetwash/powerwasher.

Then use a brick for the really stubborn stuff.

My watches are always clean because I wear them in the shower, which I take every single Christmas - whether I need it or not. Maybe I will even get some soap this year :blush:

Be careful not to get yourself tangled up in the shower, pubes trapped in your rolex strap is kinda akward to explain to the missus......