When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Someone broke into my house...

slay

@TeeJay I would probably not need any weapons when I'm in a state of bloodlust, that does not change the laws though. Many people here told me to be careful harming a burglar, because it could end up getting back at you. The "he's a criminal, so I should have the right to make the first move" analgoy is NOT valid here. You have to wait for him to stab you in the chest before you are allowed to hit back....!

oh yeah, i dont have insurance, so they wont cover anything!

Edited by slay

@TeeJay I would probably not need any weapons when I'm in a state of bloodlust, that does not change the laws though.

I can empathize, I've been studying martial arts for... must be 22 years now :) Using tools just makes the job easier ;)

Many people here told me to be careful harming a burglar, because it could end up getting back at you. The "he's a criminal, so I should have the right to make the first move" analgoy is NOT valid here. You have to wait for him to stab you in the chest before you are allowed to hit back....!

I remember reading fairly recently, where someone got off of getting in the first punch, as, when it got to court, they said that they were wearing an expensive watch, which they had had to work hard to earn the money for, and were scared that the other person was going to try and steal the watch... I admit, I don't think I'd've bought that, but, it worked... I'd've thought the law would show a little difference between someone getting in the first punch in the bar, compared to defending their home from an intruder... It's always interesting to find out what laws are the same around the world, and which ones are different :)

oh yeah, i dont have insurance, so they wont cover anything!

Ahh...

I called the police, the woman on the phone told me they would NOT come by and check for fingerprints or anything. She told me, because it was 1 night ago, they wouldn't do anything. The only thing I can do is go to the police office and report it

I told her, that I was trying to make sure noone I know played a prank on me and that I tried to investigate the matter myself, but she would not listen. She got really pissy on the phone.

When I asked her for the address, she could only tell me the street name, not even the number, I asked her what kind of police officer she is when she can't even tell me where the police station is nor be of any assitance in this matter.

did you try asking for her watch commander ?

I called the police, the woman on the phone told me they would NOT come by and check for fingerprints or anything. She told me, because it was 1 night ago, they wouldn't do anything. The only thing I can do is go to the police office and report it

I told her, that I was trying to make sure noone I know played a prank on me and that I tried to investigate the matter myself, but she would not listen. She got really pissy on the phone.

When I asked her for the address, she could only tell me the street name, not even the number, I asked her what kind of police officer she is when she can't even tell me where the police station is nor be of any assitance in this matter.

I'm really dissapointed at the police, one reason more to take matters into my own hand. But I know what they will say when there is 3 liters of blood on my living room floor: "why didnt you call us for assitance?" and then I will wind up being the criminal, I'm sure!

All those suggestions for weapins are all nice and stuff, but I am a soldier, I know how to take people out, I would not need more than a little swiss army knife for that (though it would definitely give me more satisfaction to beat the sh*t out of that crook with a steel baton or a brick), but the thing is I didnt notice anyone breaking in, nor did the 5 other people who were sleeping here.

And the laws here... I would probably get a sentence higher than the criminal if I harmed him. I'm sure he would get probabtion (if that) and then wait for me some night with 20 friends and beat the hell out of me. And I'm not allowed to carry anything for self defense with me (or have it in my house). No gas-gun (they shoot tear gas) and not even a telescopic baton. So If I took someone down with anything other than a kitchen knife (and probably even than) I would risk facing charges for having somthing illegal.

Over here, even a waterpistol is illegal if it resembles a real gun. So I cant even use a BB gun or whatever to scare him. This would result in me getting charged with posetion of an illegal firearm.

INSTALL CAMERAS AND ALARMS ON WINDOWS AND DOORS! :bangin: This really is a no brainer!