When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

VDB`s 6152 Angelus Brown Dial Watch

VDBroucke

here my new PJ

-6152 Case 1:1

-Bezel reworked for big plex and Angelus size

-8mm Plex (thx M.)

-Rolex Brevet Screw down crown reworked for 1:1

-crownsize in case reworked

-Brown stonewash two tone technic Sandich Dial with vintage lume

-angelus hands

-Bigger Brevetatto engrave degaconal caseback with concave plex display

-Angelus SF240 removed alarm,reworked powermodul motor,sonnenschliff bridges

-Messing movtholder

-Vintage strap,gpf buckle 1:1

i hope funny for the lovers

ok here pics...

IP6N0580.jpg

IP6N0583.jpg

IP6N0590.jpg

IP6N0593.jpg

IP6N0603.jpg

IP6N0602.jpg

IP6N0607.jpg

IP6N0613.jpg

IP6N0623teil.jpg

IP6N0622sepia.jpg

IP6N0601.jpg

IP6N0587.jpg

IP6N0583.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job S.

I am happy to see that you have find the flat hands you search.

mine second with running secs will be achieved in the following weeks.

I am left speachless, again!...love the brown dial...love it!!!...flat hands?! so you managed to source them...nice!

this is one of the nicest you have ever done (I love the Panny CG but this brown dial makes me forget about it!)

Looks great.

The only thing that looks out of place is the missing gear. If it was my watch I think I would leave the gear in place but simply disable the alarm. It looks odd with the hole in the plate and no gear installed.

Maybe the genuine was the same way?

RG

:good:

Awesome!

Yup, alarm-angeluses missing gear was quite common occurence back in the early to mid 40-es, when Panerai was scrubbing any Angelus 8-day movement they could find, alarm or non-alarm. I'v actually seen more vintages from that period without then with the gear.

thanks for posting mate!

Awesome!

Yup, alarm-angeluses missing gear was quite common occurence back in the early to mid 40-es, when Panerai was scrubbing any Angelus 8-day movement they could find, alarm or non-alarm. I'v actually seen more vintages from that period without then with the gear.

thanks for posting mate!

Have you got any photos? I've only seen one Angelus 6152 with an alarm movement - that was posted on Piero's site, which VDB has quoted above. From what I've seen, non-alarm movements were more common amongst clocks from the 1930's - after this point, they seemed to move over to alarm-based movements, or non-alarm key-wound movements (as seen in ship wheel clocks etc.).

Where did you get the hands from, VDB? They look great - I've just found a minute hand in this style, but unfortunately don't have the hour hand to match (no idea where it came from, or why there's only one!).

Have you got any photos? I've only seen one Angelus 6152 with an alarm movement - that was posted on Piero's site, which VDB has quoted above. From what I've seen, non-alarm movements were more common amongst clocks from the 1930's - after this point, they seemed to move over to alarm-based movements, or non-alarm key-wound movements (as seen in ship wheel clocks etc.).

Where did you get the hands from, VDB? They look great - I've just found a minute hand in this style, but unfortunately don't have the hour hand to match (no idea where it came from, or why there's only one!).

yes, i will be also very interested to see pics of gen with alarm movement.

where do you find this pic? the case and strap look gen, i am sure , but maybe the movement is a replacement one ? by Panerai or not ? 40 years back or maybe just a fews ?

I will be very please to have more infos and pics about it .

where do you find this pic? the case and strap look gen, i am sure , but maybe the movement is a replacement one ? by Panerai or not ? 40 years back or maybe just a fews ?

i found this alarm here...

http://www.clubpanerai.com/index.asp?notiz...58&codice=1

give many difficult opinions for this and for base angel

Volker W had these displayed on his web site (http://www.vwmann.de/Vintage/vintage.html) before he's published the book on this very topic. He's since removed all the photos of his vintage Pams from the site. I'll see if I can find some pics elsewhere.

cheers,

babola

Volker W had these displayed on his web site (http://www.vwmann.de/Vintage/vintage.html) before he's published the book on this very topic. He's since removed all the photos of his vintage Pams from the site. I'll see if I can find some pics elsewhere.

cheers,

babola

Hi Babo

have you pics from base angelus panerai`s or a another Guy here???

i have 5 pics with base angelus but i think give more...

difficult is: come the watch with base dial or is later implant in watch???

Hi Babo

have you pics from base angelus panerai`s or a another Guy here???

i have 5 pics with base angelus but i think give more...

difficult is: come the watch with base dial or is later implant in watch???

Hiya VDB,

I believe they came in original config like that, but hard to confirm for sure, I agree.

Then there was a writeup on P-risti about Panerai unable to source non-alarm watches during WWII war years, so went with everything they could find, including the alarm Angelus mov'ts with alarm gear removed. This was steded as a fact there, not sure how correct this statement is, but wasn't questioned by gen 'risti. Yeah, more mov't pics would definitely

help confirm this fact, but as you said, we don't know for certain how many gen owners replaced their original mov'ts with alarm ones.

Hiya VDB,

I believe they came in original config like that, but hard to confirm for sure, I agree.

Then there was a writeup on P-risti about Panerai unable to source non-alarm watches during WWII war years, so went with everything they could find, including the alarm Angelus mov'ts with alarm gear removed. This was steded as a fact there, not sure how correct this statement is, but wasn't questioned by gen 'risti. Yeah, more mov't pics would definitely

help confirm this fact, but as you said, we don't know for certain how many gen owners replaced their original mov'ts with alarm ones.

I mean without second pics from this pls

I've never seen any other photos with the alarm movement - I'd be interested to find the discussion, the only responses I could find were from Piero Lapiana confirming the authenticity of the watch pictured.

As for Angelus base dials, this is the only other one I have a photo of:

6152.jpg

...which was sold by Antiquorum in 2004, I believe. I've not got any other information - and can only guess from the typical 'tells' that it has an Angelus motor. I would question the authenticity of the previous one pictured, as it clearly comes from eBay - the Antiquorum one would be more likely to have a good history, but they have been known to heavily modify auction images - so there are no guarantees that it is an Angelus base dial! Hope this helps.