When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Please With Planet Ocean

thorg12

OK so i got the bright idea at midnight to open my watch back because ive never done it. it opened real easy. then something went wrong. the plastic spacer came out a little and then the whole movement moved. im afraid the stem is gonna break and its not sitting right. is there a way to disconnect the stem and fixt the dial and movement then reinsert it. im sure its on here somewhere but im kinda freakin out right now. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

-mike

thanks everybody. i think i fixed the problem i caused but i cant remember if my date was that far to the right, o well i can live with it now. i need to buy a cheapo watch to practice on, not one of my favorites. thanks again.

-mike

btw could i have caused the date to move to the right, and if so can i fix that easily...probably not but figured id ask

THERE IS A VALUABLE LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE......DON'T [censored] WITH YOUR WATCHES........YOU WOULDN'T GO INTO AN OPERATING THEATRE AND START CUTTING OPEN PATIENTS......IF YOU WEREN'T A SURGEON.....WOULD YA..!

OH....AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LOCAL WATCHSMITH THAT CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEMS.......START COLLECTING BASEBALL CARDS.....!

Edited by TTK

thanks. i saw that little slot but i didnt know what position the crown should be in, but u just answered that. so if i decide to do this again how do i reinstall the stem? just gently push it back in?

yes. If you want to be pushing that slot (use a screwdriver the width of the slot, otherwise you're looking at a repair bill) as it goes in, do so. :D

surgeons werent always surgeons...you gotta learn somewhere dont you?

Yeah.....dya wanna be the first on the operating table.....it's OK messing about with old junk movements.....but a brand new PO that is fully operational....?

Why does everybody think they need to learn how to 'operate' on these watches......do you mess about with the ECU in your car......do you go in and fiddle about with transport mechanism of your DVD.......if you do....then it's fairly certain that you at least have a smattering of knowledge regarding these matters.....if not....leave well the f***k alone......and leave it to someone who does...!

Dear TTK..............

What is going on with you?

I'm getting a little worried.

A little more than nothing sets you on fire. :angry:

We are just exploring our hobby.

I only recently opened my watch, just to adjust it.

I have learned this at this forum, it worked out fine!

You know, it's very nice to look into a watch and see the movement.

By the way: In one of the fine working watches I have, the rubber ring was not fixed in the right way.

That watch was not even waterproof for hand washing.

So, I'm glad that I opened it!

So, please dont't be so hard on us, we are just exploring. :)

Even The Zigmeister or Palp had to learn it.

Now, keep on doing the nice job you do! :3a:

Thanks for bringing us the nice watches!

Q.

Dear TTK..............

What is going on with you?

A little more than nothing sets you on fire. :angry:

We are just exploring our hobby.

By the way: In one of the fine working watches I have, the rubber ring was not fixed in the right way.

So, please dont't be so hard on us, we are just exploring. :)

Even Ziggy or Palp had to learn it.

Now, keep on doing the nice job you do! :3a:

Thanks for bringing us the nice watches!

Q.

Hey, just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean no one is really out to get you!!!

Maybe TTK is just a little jaded because as a dealer, he probably gets blamed for everything from movements that quit after a year to rainy days when watches are delivered. I have to agree that opening up the back of a new PO just because you couldn't resist it, (and that is how you described it in your first post, not an attempt to adjust it) and now you are sounding the "oh God help me" alarm, sounds a little like an 8 year old. If you want to learn how something works, dissect something that isn't worth anything.

Edited by crystalcranium

Never mind TTK, he doesn't bite. Every newbie gets flamed by Neil... at least once. It's an old RWG ritual.

Carry on...

PS: And besides... he's right. The old phrase says "if it ain't broken don't fix it". It applies especially well to reps. ;)

Edited by By-Tor

Never mind TTK, he doesn't bite. Every newbie gets flamed by Neil... at least once. It's an old RWG ritual.

Damn, I don't think I got flamed by TTK. I just got a superb cheap watch from him first try. Oh, well, I suppose I win then. :D

Dear guys,

There is actually nothing wrong with TTK at all...

Ask yourself.. if the fully operational Omega Planet Ocean was opened and in the end the entire thing konks out and died..Dial fall out of position, spacer shifted, Date window jammed..etc. Then you will be hating yourself and I can guess that for most, the next move is to email the dealer whom it was bought from and tell the dealer this...

"I got the Omega Planet Ocean today... it arrived ok, I adjusted the crown... think the Dial shifted, date jammed...movement getting a little worrying...etc etc.."

I have received this kind of emails many many times and out of goodwill repaired them at my cost for customers. I do not mistrust the customers and always give them the benefit of the doubt but my watchsmith has told me many times that most (About 70%) of those spolit watches on arrival sometimes are due to customers jamming up the Asia 7750 movements, fiddling with movements (Fingerprint evidence on Rotor movement, stem was shifted obviously).

Honestly, if you are not a qualified watchsmith, refrain from doing all those operations.. it will cause unneccesary trouble to all.. not only you but the dealers. I dont play around with movements myself although I am qualified to install movements and refit dials on movements... they are very delicate items..mind you

Andrew

@qualitytime......who says I was on fire......I could care less if he wants to be stupid.......and yes I am agreeing with his observations of his own behaviour...

Help Please With Planet Ocean, yeh i was stupid

My point was that these boards are fly paper for idiots........what kind of idiot who knows nothing about repairing a watch would f**k about with it......I always thought the purpose of buying reps was to wear them and kid ourselves on that we have the genuine article on our wrist....seems i'm wrong and that what we all really want to be is watchsmiths......so why not just buy cheap $20.00 watches to practice on...!

Thank you for your concern...it's comforting......but you should really worry about whether it's your clogs that are too tight.....or your Dutch cap....!

So buy a watch with a glass back......there are enough photos of the Planet Ocean movement on these boards to appease even the most inquisitive...!

Why would you wash your hands whilst wearing a wash......do you wash your face whilst wearing glasses......or your c**k whilst wearing a condom........like your post....it makes no sense...!

Adjust it....without a timing machine......wassup....too tight or too scared to take it to a 'smith....?

Wow.....send me your address....I'lls end you all my stuff to work on......you LEARNED this at the forum.....I'm impressed...!

So, please dont't be so hard on us, we are just exploring.

Well if I was easy on you ...by saying what a clever boy you were...and that you should continue to explore repairing watches that aren't even broken....I'd just be encouraging idiocy...now wouldn't I...on the other hand if it was broken...and he was endeavouring a repair.....then I'd say....OK....have a go....but know that you could do more harm than good.....hmmmmm.....!

Even The Zigmeister or Palp had to learn it.

Yeah......but the poster wasn't "learning"....he was just poking around being nosey.....and I bet Z and P never went to work on a newly acquired rep....that had nothing wrong wiith it.......!

There are a lot of tiny screws and springs in there....it brings to mind the old maxim......"Abandon all hope...ye who enter here...".....!

All said with no animosity..... :D

Edited by TTK

@qualitytime......who says I was on fire......I could care less if he wants to be stupid.......and yes I am agreeing with his observations of his own behaviour...

My point was that these boards are fly paper for idiots........what kind of idiot who knows nothing about repairing a watch would f**k about with it......I always thought the purpose of buying reps was to wear them and kid ourselves on that we have the genuine article on our wrist....seems i'm wrong and that what we all really want to be is watchsmiths......so why not just buy cheap $20.00 watches to practice on...!

Thank you for your concern...it's comforting......but you should really worry about whether it's your clogs that are too tight.....or your Dutch cap....!

So buy a watch with a glass back......there are enough photos of the Planet Ocean movement on these boards to appease even the most inquisitive...!

Why would you wash your hands whilst wearing a wash......do you wash your face whilst wearing glasses......or your c**k whilst wearing a condom........like your post....it makes no sense...!

Adjust it....without a timing machine......wassup....too tight or too scared to take it to a 'smith....?

Wow.....send me your address....I'lls end you all my stuff to work on......you LEARNED this at the forum.....I'm impressed...!

Well if I was easy on you ...by saying what a clever boy you were...and that you should continue to explore repairing watches that aren't even broken....I'd just be encouraging idiocy...now wouldn't I...on the other hand if it was broken...and he was endeavouring a repair.....then I'd say....OK....have a go....but know that you could do more harm than good.....hmmmmm.....!

Yeah......but the poster wasn't "learning"....he was just poking around being nosey.....and I bet Z and P never went to work on a newly acquired rep....that had nothing wrong wiith it.......!

There are a lot of tiny screws and springs in there....it brings to mind the old maxim......"Abandon all hope...ye who enter here...".....!

All said with no animosity..... :D

I should take my condom off before I wash my c*#k? Now you tell me :o

Dear guys,

There is actually nothing wrong with TTK at all...

Ask yourself.. if the fully operational Omega Planet Ocean was opened and in the end the entire thing konks out and died..Dial fall out of position, spacer shifted, Date window jammed..etc. Then you will be hating yourself and I can guess that for most, the next move is to email the dealer whom it was bought from and tell the dealer this...

"I got the Omega Planet Ocean today... it arrived ok, I adjusted the crown... think the Dial shifted, date jammed...movement getting a little worrying...etc etc.."

I have received this kind of emails many many times and out of goodwill repaired them at my cost for customers. I do not mistrust the customers and always give them the benefit of the doubt but my watchsmith has told me many times that most (About 70%) of those spolit watches on arrival sometimes are due to customers jamming up the Asia 7750 movements, fiddling with movements (Fingerprint evidence on Rotor movement, stem was shifted obviously).

Honestly, if you are not a qualified watchsmith, refrain from doing all those operations.. it will cause unneccesary trouble to all.. not only you but the dealers. I dont play around with movements myself although I am qualified to install movements and refit dials on movements... they are very delicate items..mind you

Andrew

Andrew is right. Why must people screw with a perfectly good watch. I don't understand why people screw with their watch, break it, and then ask a dealer how to fix it. It's valuable time to them to undo, what you never should have done in the first place. If one must, and I say must, mess with a watch, then please come to the forum first, tell what you want to do and why in a thread, and then someone will tell you how to do it, and how to do it right, but don't try to play watchsmith, and then come crying because your dumb ass screwed something up.

Well...depends how many times you've used it...and whether it's made from goat's bladder ( Egyptian )...or leather and tortoiseshell...( Japanese ).... :D

Edited by TTK

surgeons werent always surgeons...you gotta learn somewhere dont you?

Hello Champ :3a: I can't blame you...curiosity killed the watch, but as your question:

you gotta learn somewhere dont you?

Yes! medical school 6 years (in Europe and South America)

Surgical Residency 5 years

Then and only then cutting alone...before then? supervised...

Next time, start your training opening the case alongside a watchmaker!!! :D (and use a cheapoTimex)

Salud :drunk:

Edited by Alextor

Hello Champ :3a: I can't blame you...curiosity killed the watch, but as your question:

you gotta learn somewhere dont you?

Yes! medical school 6 years (in Europe and South America)

Surgical Residency 5 years

Then and only then cutting alone...before then? supervised...

Next time, start your training opening the case alongside a watchmaker!!! :D

Salud :drunk:

Hey, welcome!!! ID myself. Not nearly as long a residency stint!!

You must still be paying off your loans if you're here buying reps!!! :)