When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any old favorites?

TeeJay

My recent 'epiphany' regarding my 2531.80 got me wondering if anyone else has an 'old favorite'... A watch you loved as soon as you got it, but stopped getting wrist time due to more recent purchases, but which you eventually came back to wearing full-time/regularly?

Share your story :)

For me I had always wanted an SMP like you Teejay, so I bought one. Then I got the Skyland rep and didn't wear it anymore. Being very silly, I ended up selling it, so unfortunately it doesn't get any wrist time by me anymore. One thing is for sure though, my desire for an SMP hasn't ended, and one day we shall be re-united :)

And before you ask, I had a heavy night the night before, I wasn't looking my best :)

06042008083-1.jpg

With the exception of my daily beater, that happens with virtually every watch (the next 'big new thing' replaces the previous 'big thing' until something rekindles my interest in the previous 1).

Would you say that your beater is the 'old favorite', or just the most functional as a beater? I think I'm starting to see how people can 'get over' PAMs :lol:

For me I had always wanted an SMP like you Teejay, so I bought one. Then I got the Skyland rep and didn't wear it anymore. Being very silly, I ended up selling it, so unfortunately it doesn't get any wrist time by me anymore. One thing is for sure though, my desire for an SMP hasn't ended, and one day we shall be re-united :)

And before you ask, I had a heavy night the night before, I wasn't looking my best :)

06042008083-1.jpg

I'm sure you'll re-acquire one in the future :) As per Robbie's thread, of all my watches, of all the ones I would sell if I had to, the SMP is the one I would keep, as it's just so versatile :)

Freddy - You've got alot of great timepieces. So, may I ask what is your daily beater?

With the exception of my daily beater, that happens with virtually every watch (the next 'big new thing' replaces the previous 'big thing' until something rekindles my interest in the previous 1).

I'm sure you'll re-acquire one in the future :) As per Robbie's thread, of all my watches, of all the ones I would sell if I had to, the SMP is the one I would keep, as it's just so versatile :)

Definitely, it's like Cranberry sauce, it goes with everything!

I'm very tempted by a Silix SMP right now, they are very good replica's of the SMP and not badly priced!

Definitely, it's like Cranberry sauce, it goes with everything!

I'm very tempted by a Silix SMP right now, they are very good replica's of the SMP and not badly priced!

Absolutely, such a versatile watch :)

Cool, have the recent SMP releases been cured of the 'missing 3' marker?

Yeah it is the PO for me. I had two reps, fell in love, got the gen. Then I started acquiring more watches and I never wore it but I knew it was a staple of my collection. Originally it lived on steel shoes but I resurected it and now it gets even more wrist time on rubber. But I will still switch to the steel from time to time...

PO1.jpg

POrubber1b.jpg

It would appear so. I have pinched this picture from RG from another member (Mhertel). This one is from Trusty...it looks very good!

omega-1.jpg

Indeed, it looks very good :oB):good:

Good pearl, depth rating isn't too big, HE valve appears to be correctly offset, and the end links even look like 9 piece... My only concern might be the crown and CGs, but other than that, it's a beauty :good: