When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Feedback Pam127 project

beano2004

The watch looks great. I love the gen movement and the dial came out beautifully but I have to ask a funny question. I would guess the cg is gen as well but if it is I think the pin may be in backwards. Here are a couple of close-up shots of a gen Fiddy CG. The rounded side is on the bottom. ;) Could just be the pics though. Definitely need to show this one off with largers pics in any case. The beauty is in the fine details on this watch. Wear it well. It is a rarity and gorgeous watch. :)

CrownandCrownguardFront.jpg

PartialBackwithCrownguard.jpg

rmcsherry,

Yes, this is "the" dial im going to take some closer pics once I get the watch back I was wondering how many people would notice it being a gen dial but after looking at the picture you cannot really tell due to the distorition on the 6. ;)

Thanks

I've got to tell you that you've been ripped off with the movement. The genuine PAM127 uses a quartz - why not send that to me, and I'll let you have the real deal? ;)

Seriously - that is an amazing watch. Is this *the* dial?

very nice, did you start with a 117 case or a 581? one of the bits that has always buged me on my 0581 case is that is is a bit to large compared with the bezel, i belive the 117 was a touch smaller, your looks about the same as mine?

The best replica made !!!!!???

Tha looks great !

Where did You get the genuine movement ?

I have actually considered this too but didn't get beyond buying the E117 watch with the original unmodified Swiss 6497 movement, the best of the rep dials, sapphire etc. My intention was to buy a genuine E or F series 111 (same movement) with the same painted 'L' dial as the B, C and D series. Then simply swap the movements around and add a rep B series caseback to give a very gen-like franken B001 together with an ultimate Fiddy rep based on a gen movement. The cost of an E or F 111 is probably one of the lowest gen PAMs and all of the outlay is recoverable as the swap can easily be reversed. Your 'new' 001B will be indistinguisable from a gen and your Fiddy will fool mostly everyone. Two PAMs for the price of one, almost. The total cost will certainly be less than building 2 frankens to this standard and will be a better investment - the 111 will hold its value and apart from the rep 1950 nothing more is needed.

I haven't done it because I don't really like the larger 1950 style so it didn't go any further. Anyone want my Fiddy?

rmcsherry,

Yes, this is "the" dial im going to take some closer pics once I get the watch back I was wondering how many people would notice it being a gen dial but after looking at the picture you cannot really tell due to the distorition on the 6. ;)

Thanks

Beano, looks like the dial refinishing turned out very nicely. The fonts look great, the subdial markers only look slightly too thin. The glossiness is hard to tell from the pics, of course, but I bet that turned out fine as well. Please do post some closeup pics!

A fine watch w/ genuine parts! Wear it well!

I have to ask a funny question. I would guess the cg is gen as well but if it is I think the pin may be in backwards. Here are a couple of close-up shots of a gen Fiddy CG. The rounded side is on the bottom. ;)

I'll have to keep that in mind when I have mine assembled:

127partsuv6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...