When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Catch of the Day

lanikai

Yes, it's been a lazy slow day.. so I went fishing.... and look what I caught "in the net" ..(pun intended) :)

My 1665 GW .. was the last of my 3 ocean vintages (for now) to make it to the Great North to RWG's Merlin "Ziggy"

Here is what was found when I pulled up the net .. B)

myrolexvintages011xk8.jpg

myrolexvintages012iv7.jpg

myrolexvintages006wv8.jpg

1665 GW .. on the back of the beautiful Lion fish

myrolexvintages015by7.jpg

DRSD ...

myrolexvintages017oa8.jpg

and my 1680

myrolexvintages021jb1.jpg

Although all these replications have some genuine parts .. IMO .. to qualify for them to be named "franken".. it would have to have a genuine "dial" .. now this is just my interpretation of the term ... Franken, as I really believe without a genuine vintage dial it does not fall under that category ..

I "term" these .. "Ziggies" MBK's .. which for me is.. GREAT !! :D

Thanks for viewing RWG !!

Aloha~Cheers

lani

Now you are really showing da island boy coming out...

What brahdah? You like troh net? Hah? Why?

Jus like the old time Ali'i I like the red ones Lani. Try catch some Aweoweo and Menpachi fo' me! Leave em' whole jus gut em. A little mayo, shoyu and green onion inside. Wrap em' in foil and on the grill for a few. Presto. Reef fish - backyard luau style. Kay Den!

Now you are really showing da island boy coming out...

What brahdah? You like troh net? Hah? Why?

Jus like the old time Ali'i I like the red ones Lani. Try catch some Aweoweo and Menpachi fo' me! Leave em' whole jus gut em. A little mayo, shoyu and green onion inside. Wrap em' in foil and on the grill for a few. Presto. Reef fish - backyard luau style. Kay Den!

we are told by the elders.. "never eat the Menpachi Head".. Brain to be precise.. you will experience the most wicked horrible nightmares ever.. so what do we do ??.. and yes, .. the enzyme found in the brain of the Menpachi.. will give you the most vivid "real" nightmares you will ever experience.. :crazy: psycotic dreams.. :unsure:

cableguy Posted Today, 04:18 PM

Wow R,

I'm J brah. Very sick pieces, ziggy is da best.

Wear them well. (and I like 1st crack at um if u gonna sell) haha

You were away from the forum with your ex. , .. GF at the time these were being built.... :rolleyes: at least you get .. Priorities down.. B)

and Shoot.. if eva I sell um.. you get "first crack"

and yup !! Ziggy is "Da Kine !!!!" :D

Yeah, I have heard that. I wonder what the history of that is? Maybe King Kam days probably? Not that I ever ate the head anyway so I wouldn't know abouty the dreams. But I've eaten hundreds cooked with head on and no problems yet. I really miss Hawaiian reef fish.

And Tako? Don't get me started. Tricky to spear too. An old timer taught me how to spot them at 20-30 ft. in my youth and freedive to get em', but it wasn't easy. Hawaiian guys are born with it - like a gift of nature. Took me a long time to learn to spot them on the reef as good as my teachers. Leeward side is best and in the summer of course as you well know - water clean. Lots of good Tako spots over there. Nanakuli, Pray for Sex, Maili Point. Miss it...

we are told by the elders.. "never eat the Menpachi Head".. Brain to be precise.. you will experience the most wicked horrible nightmares ever.. so what do we do ??.. and yes, .. the enzyme found in the brain of the Menpachi.. will give you the most vivid "real" nightmares you will ever experience.. :crazy: psycotic dreams.. :unsure: