When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Supply And Demand

Nanuq

There is ONE good watchmaker here in town. I went to see him at noon with a couple of old beauties. One is the little 67-year old gold Rolex I bought my wife, the other is my 6536 Submariner. The ladies watch is hard to wind, and he said it's rusted. He popped the back off, lifted the dial and said "It's rusted to he--" and put it back together. He said he won't work on it. For my Sub, I want the lume off the dial and my new tropic 16 crystal fitted. He said he won't do the dial and he's not sure the crystal will fit.

Oh, and no charge for the arrogant sneer. :brow:

Pisses me off. It looks like Ziggy is getting more of my work! At least he's a gentleman. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Some people call themselves "watchmakers" and they can only change the battery and shorten the bracelet (as long as it's simple enough design).

Go with Ziggy, the man is a Rembrandt of watches.

There is ONE good watchmaker here in town. I went to see him at noon with a couple of old beauties. One is the little 67-year old gold Rolex I bought my wife, the other is my 6536 Submariner. The ladies watch is hard to wind, and he said it's rusted. He popped the back off, lifted the dial and said "It's rusted to he--" and put it back together. He said he won't work on it. For my Sub, I want the lume off the dial and my new tropic 16 crystal fitted. He said he won't do the dial and he's not sure the crystal will fit.

Oh, and no charge for the arrogant sneer. :brow:

Pisses me off. It looks like The Zigmeister is getting more of my work! At least he's a gentleman. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

puh, tell me about it! I went to a watchmaker here in town to put my JLC Reserve de Marche back together (since I dont have a loupe), there was like two parts, the movement and the top plate with the rotor on it. He said he wont work on watches someone else took apart - WTF?

Then I asked him if he could LOOK (!!!) at my DW6263 and maybe clean the movement, change the crystal (I already had a T21) and such because it stops every day at 8 o'clock. To that point I did not tell him that watch was a replica, so he was like "Hmm, this is an impostor, too?" (he didnt say replica!) and he looked ant the bracelet... I was like "How can you tell" and he pointed his finger to the bracelet and the Rolex engraving on the clasp... I was like "Yes, this is a replica, but it's was darn expensive and its not some piece of junk!" It porbably costed like 10x more than the watch he had on (some rlx GMT Pepsi look-alike watch with quartz movement). He also accused me that my PAM was an impostor, even though he didnt even know what the hell panerai is.

Asked him again if he could install the crystal (told him the bezel is lose already and asked him to glue that thing after he installed the crystal) and LOOK at the movemetn. He was like "Nooo, thats a rolex, I cant get parts for rolex and not for impostors either.. and I dont have tools to pop the bezel off!!" I told him that I already told him 5 minutes ago that the bezel is lose already. He repeated the same [censored] again and I just left that retard.

The funny thing is, that watchmaker NEVER has anyone coming to his store, I'm still surpirsed HOW in the heck he can keep his business running. I REALLY wanted to do him a favor and take my watches to him, because I felt bad for him having no business, but after that conversation I dont give a rats ass if he starts to decay! I was really angry when I left there, I mean the least thing he could do is LOOK at them watches and install the T21. Now the watch sits at some other watchmaker in Hamburg who told me the movement is a very very poor chinese copy and the gears and such are not fabricated well but he'll see what he can do. And he also put that JLC back together (it still doesnt work though, he told me he could take it apart and clean it and such which would get it to run again, but also told me that would cost me about 80bucks which the watch is not really worth).

I hate such snobs who say no before they even try or look at it.

This is my personal artisan...

91477-28201.jpg

Not pay attention to the voices that race...

he had only a problem with a ring the writing not come perfect...

because of certain elves blunderers...

but the ring was good... solid gold...

even if BVLGARY and not BVLGARI...

but was a good piece...

SAURON your trust artisan

:plane:

Edited by MAHLER