When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Check out what I just pick up at a garage sale....

Inside an assorted "old junk" shoe box I pick up a N. Robert & Fils 18k pocket watch....I asked the owner how much...."$50" no way! It was an old lady so I gave her $50 and my fiancee made me give her another $45.....Ohh well I felt good about the purchase....You'd have to open it up to read the 18k gold stamp so I guess nobody ever inspected it as valuable...And its missing the winder key and the sec hand...An easy fix in my eyes....I got home and wound it up a few hours ago and its still ticking away.....

Here's some pics enjoy...

If you have any information youd like to add please go ahead...I dont know how to value it or appraise it...So you guys can help me out there too

post-11900-1228759120_thumb.jpg

post-11900-1228759147_thumb.jpg

post-11900-1228759321_thumb.jpg

post-11900-1228759362_thumb.jpg

Wow. What a great score. Nothing like that ever happens to me. I bet you always get the front parking spot when you go to the grocery store too? Meanwhile I would get killed by lightning on a sunny day indoors with rubber shoes on before finding a spot at the end of the first row...:D

But seriously, nice find. Plus not every fine reguation mechanism is marked with those particular descriptions of fast and slow. So if you are ever feeling particularly stupid on one day or another you now have a watch which will call you a derogatory name just by looking at the caseback. :p

Wow. What a great score. Nothing like that ever happens to me. I bet you always get the front parking spot when you go to the grocery store too? Meanwhile I would get killed by lightning on a sunny day indoors with rubber shoes on before finding a spot at the end of the first row...:D

I'm with you on this Rob. Mind you...I was first in line to get a score on some heart rate monitors that looked like POS...and luckily turned out to still POS but POS that were happily re-gifted. ;)

Wow, great find.

RG

Damnit man! I go to antique shows and sift thru pocket wacthes but the sellers always know what they have.

that is truly an awesome find. It just shows you the stupidity level out there.

I am sure it is quite heavier than most, and man when you open that 18K

basically slaps you in the face......

nice one mate!

If you have any problems finding a second hand, give me a yell.

I picked up a collectors lot of PW last week (over 200!) plus spare hands (thousand +), dials, cases, boxes of gears and wheels, etc etc.

Should be something in there to suit.

See if you can identify (measure) the size hand aperture required, and length of the hand.

As I also got a similar lot of wristwatches in the same purchase, I will part off the PW stuff over the coming weeks, so I can concentrate on the ww! I reckon I have 6months work on the wristwatches alone.

Offshore

watch and case were made in switzerland around about 1890 -it has a cylinder movement-it is quite rare to find a watch of this kind that actually works as most of them have been damaged in the past -the hands are the original and extremely well made-if I were selling this watch I would be asking