When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First 14060 rep I've seen

mcdj

Hm, at first quick glance the dial does not look terribly off like it was on earlier 14060 reps. The X in ROLEX seems a little weird...

The SELs are wrong and the case is missing the lugholes. The 14060 still has lugholes and loose end links. IMO it is just a CN Submariner with a NoDate dial and crystal.

Actually the markers are too large, just like on the LV dials. And like chefcook said, no lugholes and wrong bracelet.

The 14060 has been recently updated/upgraded to chronometer grade movement and a few other changes were made by Rolex, but the concensus around here was, as a rep, it was just not correct.

Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be a candidate for a great beater- who's gonna pick out the faults anyway?

Here's josh's w/ small markers, wrong 'Oyster Perpetual' font and $60 more in swiss eta version:

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss10002-black-dia...362-p-1791.html

The markers are indeed too big, the rehaut profile is all wrong, it has SELs and no lugholes, the dial is crap, crown guards are crap, etc. you name it.

Just typical god-awful "a bit above Canal Street quality" CN rep. I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole.

"Anyone have one?"

Yeah. Got it from the famous watchcrook WLD five or six years ago and it is still one of my favorite replicas. The tubes in the hoods will work with 2mm submariner springbars but the case was not drilled for them. I drilled the case, put 2mm springbars in it, and installed a genuine case tube and crown.

It tested to 6 atm wr and still runs fine today.

The dial has correct size markers etc and the crown guards look OK as is.

The case has "Stawless Steel, E116610" at 6 and "orig roley design" at 12. Inside the caseback it claims to have been made by "Monarch Polfy S A" in "Gelena Sh*tinerand", and under that it has "Stainless Steel", and "16610"

(Gelena is a few miles south of Geneva) :D

The first thing that should give it away to the average rolex guy is the solid link bracelet...but most do not notice.

At an NAWCC show in Lexington KY a few years ago, a couple "rolexperts" tried to buy it off my wrist.

I handed it over and told them I paid "about two" for it, meaning about 200 dollars.

They said they would give me $2500!!

I told them it was an Eta movement fake.

They told me I did not know what I was talking about, it was genuine and make them a price.

I took it back and told them to go to rolex school before they got screwed.

They walked off talking about how dumb I was. (they had a good point)

The guy who was with me still laughs about it.

Rolexperts! You gotta love 'em!

I've got a rep and a gen: Here''s a few comparison shots I did a while back.

02comparisonwithcomments.jpg

06crowncomparison.jpg

7fontcomparison.jpg

In the above foto you see my gen has SWISS and not SWISS MADE, that's because it is an older gen.

04genbracelet.jpg

05repbracelet.jpg

As you can see the rep is not fantastically accurate and has used a SD case, the movement is a weird one as well it's a ETA 2783 which keeps PERFECT time.

movement04.jpg

BTW I know about the movement now...

I do not know about the ones on offer from the links above, but the rep I have, inaccurate as it is, is a great watch and to tell you the truth no one has ever been knowledgeable enough to tell when I am wearing the rep or the gen. I only bought the gen because I can't wear reps at work, and I did want a gen Rolex to fill out my gen collection.

If you like this model, my advice would be to go for a rep, see if it suits you then buy a second-hand gen, the new ones are wildly expensive, I got mine for about half what a new one costs.