When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The old ones are the best ....some updated pieces

fishgodeep

Had some time today and have been messing about with a few updated watches and straps combos so thought I'd post some photos

I seem to be trapped in the '90's with my collection right now .....they were the good old years before all this credit crunch financial crisis nonsense!!!

5218 202/A - considering the going rate for a gen is circa $80-100,000 - you'd have to go a long way on a rep before it failed on any of the "fiscal" formulas of "is it worth it?" This example is far from finished but I think shows what can be done for less than $500

Specs

ETA 6497, FGD dial that I have added a mild tritium effect to the painted indices, Ziggified hands, DSN Case set with "Cape Cod" effect , Non AR sapphire. - mounted on my "grail" strap that's just come back from V's workbench - 5mm thick 24/24 80/150 280 year old Metta Catherina reindeer hide and a Rolli PVD's Pre-V buckle. This combo is sublimely Pre-V looking IMHO!!

PAM 001-B - This was my 001-B T Dial (now dropped into the 004-A next) but I picked up the gen 001-B dial and hands I have been wanting for years so this was an easy decision. I installed a new ETA 6497-1 for this one , upgraded the cannon pinion and hour wheel to H3 and it was good to go.

Specs:

ETA 6497, Jimmy case set and CG, PALP Crown - V1 that's 2.0mm re-polished, Non AR Sapphire 1176/3000 B Series case back, Gen 001B Dial and hands. mounted on a unusally good MP PAV 91 with OEM MX buckle

PAM 004-A - As mentioned above - this was an 001-B but I just got a new case set back from Rolli at the same time as I picked up the gen 001 dial - this was meant to be!

Specs:

ETA 6497, Jimmy case set, PALP Crown, Rolli's perfect PVD service - the finish on the lever pin is second to none, Non AR Sapphire , DSN A Series case back , DSN PAm 40 dial that has been lumed in the incredibly accurate vintage tritium mix by Ziggy with non-matching hands - this is my ALL TIME favourite rep PAM dial and whilst I know the T-SWISS-T is incorrect and the 6 maybe a bit off ....the whole look and "feel" of this dial is very very gen like.

Mounted on another strap just back from V - 24/24 K Wong deep ridge black shark with Rolli PVD'd OEM MX Buckle

PAM Pre-A 002 - This one is work in progress , but all the parts are there. I wanted to make it up to see how the new FGD Pre-A 002 dials would look with the correct case combo. The dials are not ready yet but in the final stages - maybe a couple of weeks more.

For this one I applied some of the same "tritium patina" colour to the indices as with the 202/A ....so it gives a flavour of how the finished dials will look.

Specs:

ETA 6497, Jimmy case set and CG , FGD New 002 dial , OEM "Kruzer" Crown, Non AR Sapphire , DSN OP6500 Pre-A (30ATM) case back - mounted on the strap this watch was made for - 24/22 GeF "Ciampi Brelli" waterproof crocodile with genuine Pre-A buckle are of Uncle Jay!

As always - thanks to Ziggy , Davidsen, V , Rolli , Kruzer , Uncle Jay , Marcus and Jimmy Fu without whom none of this would have been possible!

And thanks to RWG for being the best place in the world for people like me to find the people above!

Enjoy!

FGD

P1020766.jpg

P1020768.jpg

P1020767.jpg

P1020770.jpg

P1020771.jpg

P1020772.jpg

P1020780.jpg

P1020773.jpg

P1020776.jpg

P1020777.jpg

P1020794.jpg

P1020793.jpg

P1020792.jpg

P1020788.jpg

P1020787.jpg

P1020789.jpg

P1020784.jpg

P1020783.jpg

P1020782.jpg

WOOW know i understand why i am here on RWG is to see some beauties like this and try to get some good info .to try to make in the future some SUPERB rep like this.

FANTASTIC,

Many thanks gentlemen for your generous comments ....I have that warm feeing inside !!

I've come to the conclusion this place is a bit like Alcoholics Anonymous ...you share your "addiction" with people of a similar disposition ..... but unlike the AA ...it's not to help you stop !!!

To the Best Forum in The World.....made by us.

Cheers

FGD