When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pinched Nerve

swdivad

SI joints can make a 'popping' sound when they become dysfunctional, as in an anterior or posterior inominate dysfunction. Most laypeople describe it as a 'crack'.

-O

I have seen disasters done by chirowackos...they can play with other joints no problem!!!

And no...the SI joint moves about 2 mm in young people, if that in the older population and is more complaint only during pregnancy due to hormonal environment to accomodate for the fetus. Dysfunctional SI joint....interesting...I send my dysfunctional SI joints for a psych evaluation :bangin:

Anyway, this is about watches and helping others so I won't debate anymore...

Good luck and let us know how it goes...feel better

Alex

I would be at my watch bench right now if it wasn't for this back problem. I ended up taking flexeril and naprosyn and it seems to be helping. Now when it says "may cause Dizziness and alcohol may intensify this effect" is that a suggestion? It is a bit early here for a drink.

I would be at my watch bench right now if it wasn't for this back problem. I ended up taking flexeril and naprosyn and it seems to be helping. Now when it says "may cause Dizziness and alcohol may intensify this effect" is that a suggestion? It is a bit early here for a drink.

Flexeril and naprosyn is fine...take the naprosyn with a full stomach (with food...not booze :lol:) Flexeril can cause diziness...it is a common complaint. Make sure you take one before you go to bed, it will help you sleep better too. Don't drink alcohol either, don't know your liver but the alcohol has (we all know it) central nervous system effects that can potentiate the effects of the flexeril...:drunk: Best bet, use a electric heating pad (over the counter, no prescription needed) over the lumbar area.

As our improved osteopath was correctly saying...this is usually self limiting and resolves in 3-4 days...if lingers, get films and an MRI. Having a diagnosis is important...what to do with it is more important! :victory:

Feel better and let us know how you do!

Alex :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks again everyone... I will be getting a referral to get an MRI asap... Here in Australia, if you're not dying, medical treatment takes much time and aggravation.... WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS FRIGGIN' PLACE??!!

Thanks again everyone... I will be getting a referral to get an MRI asap... Here in Australia, if you're not dying, medical treatment takes much time and aggravation.... WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS FRIGGIN' PLACE??!!

I'm with you on that one, it took 2 Months for me to get to see the Neurologist and a further Month for the MRI, 1 more Month to get to see him again at which point he said let's wait 6 Months and see how it goes :(

Ken

I was on a ski trip and crashed really hard down through some trees, and when I hit I heard a loud *CRACK* in my ears. When I got back up I found I could turn my head to the right again, for the first time in years!

Hehe. I had a bad neck a number of years ago. One evening I was sitting in my car trying to read a map when a cop pulled up behind me and made me get out of my car. During the next few minutes of mistaken identity, he punched me in the back of the head as I was standing against the car. My neck felt instantly better and hasn't given me trouble since. He's probably still a jerk though.

He's probably still a jerk though.

[censored] Krusty :o ... if a cop did that to me, I would be retired living in Tahiti and sipping on Pina Co[censored]inladas for the rest of my life (and he would be in a wheelchair, good neck OR bad lol)

All's good now, R&R and the tender help of my better half has allowed my back to settle down... Still a 'tad' tender, but will be perfect soon... Now to start some kind of exercise routine, as I'm surely not getting any younger lol

Having an MRI in a few weeks to check it out thoroughly...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...