When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod
Mr and Mrs Jones are not married to each other but have other partners and there are 10 children, 5 each.

Ken

But if she's MRS. then there must be a MR. so if your the other MR. best get his shotgun out. I was thinking some sort of incest like MRS Jones married her son and had five kids two of which were boys so them plus Mr. Jones = 3boys and 3 Girls, but then again that would be 6 kids, but only 5 between MR. and MRS Jones. Oh well there is no way in hell this is right.

This wouldn't happen to be the FA Jones family would it?

Mr and Mrs Jones have five children. Half of them are boys. How is this possible? :o

Half of whom? Half of Mr and Mrs Jones is Mr Jones, but I don't suppose that's what we're after.

Ok, 5 boys ... at least half of them are boys. Weasel answer.

Two fat boys, three skinny girls. By weight, 2 are boys. Accurate but not so.

They have 6 children, a girl being 19, so ... no, just wrong.

One is an unborn foetus so ... that's silly.

I'll go by weight as saying a glass is half-empty doesn't mean it's completely empty and I don't like weasel questions. :Jumpy:

Half of whom? Half of Mr and Mrs Jones is Mr Jones, but I don't suppose that's what we're after.

I'll go by weight as saying a glass is half-empty doesn't mean it's completely empty and I don't like weasel questions. :Jumpy:

Any other guesses you would like to make?

You should learn to trust your inner-weasel! WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

They are all boys. :yu:

Another crap one:

Hardy Pyle was washing windows on a high-rise office building when he slipped and fell off a 20 metre ladder onto the concrete sidewalk below. Incredibly, he did not injure himself in any way. How was this possible?

Another crap one:

Hardy Pyle was washing windows on a high-rise office building when he slipped and fell off a 20 metre ladder onto the concrete sidewalk below. Incredibly, he did not injure himself in any way. How was this possible?

That´s a short one for me again. Although his ladder is 20m high he was still standing on the first step... :bleh:

Edited by melvin.x

I actually think your first answer is correct. The subject of the sentenance is "Mr and Mrs. Jones" Gramatically I think the phrase ""half of them are boys" references the subject. Therefore Mr Jones would be the half that is referenced.

That´s a short one for me again. Although his ladder is 20m high he was still standing on the first step... :bleh:

Nah I recon he was on the second step :D

Ken

:lol::lol::lol:

Like it! JOINT WINNERS!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The first three answers I gave are all correct, if weaselesque.

:rolleyes:

I have searched long and hard for the question which will wind you up the most ;)

A well known fashion designer wanted to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. She decided to spend a few days at a rural resort. Feeling like some fresh air after a day of reading and relaxing she decided to go for a winter stroll. That was the last time anyone saw her alive. The autopsy revealed that death was due to the pack she had on her back. What was so deadly about this pack? :o

I have searched long and hard for the question which will wind you up the most ;)

A well known fashion designer wanted to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city. She decided to spend a few days at a rural resort. Feeling like some fresh air after a day of reading and relaxing she decided to go for a winter stroll. That was the last time anyone saw her alive. The autopsy revealed that death was due to the pack she had on her back. What was so deadly about this pack? :o

Pack of wolves, Pack of lions, Pack of cigarettes? :g:

Pack of wolves will do it for me! :lol: WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry - a long time between rubbish questions - work, work, work.... :black_eye:

There are two airplanes heading straight toward each other. One plane is travelling at 15 km per minute, and the other is travelling at 10 km per minute. Assuming that the planes are exactly 1000 km apart, what distance will be between them one minute before they meet?

Pack of wolves will do it for me! :lol: WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sorry - a long time between rubbish questions - work, work, work.... :black_eye:

There are two airplanes heading straight toward each other. One plane is travelling at 15 km per minute, and the other is travelling at 10 km per minute. Assuming that the planes are exactly 1000 km apart, what distance will be between them one minute before they meet?

25 km

25 km

Great stuff! :victory: WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There is a grandfather clock that chimes the appropriate number of times to indicate the hour, as well as chiming once at each quarter hour. If you were in the other room and heard the clock chime just once, what would be the longest period of time you would have to wait in order to be certain of the correct time? (The clock is working properly and is set at the correct time.)

Great stuff! :victory: WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

There is a grandfather clock that chimes the appropriate number of times to indicate the hour, as well as chiming once at each quarter hour. If you were in the other room and heard the clock chime just once, what would be the longest period of time you would have to wait in order to be certain of the correct time? (The clock is working properly and is set at the correct time.)

If it chimed at 12:15 you wouldn't be sure till 2:00... :rolleyes:

Keep 'em coming! :lol:

The answer on the card was a bald head - but I think you're all right with "something bad happens to a body part!"

WINNERS!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Did we do this one already? Not sure, something similar I think. Anyway...

If it takes a man one hour to dig a hole 2m long, 2m wide and 2m deep, how long would it take the same man to dig a hole 4m long, 4m wide, and 4m deep assuming he digs at the same speed?