When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brain Teaser Game!

cornerstone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, to spell it out - the clue is 'UK', what does this stand for? ;)

But in the meantime, a 'proper' question:

You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?

UK stands for United Kingdom, but the majority of kings were crowned in England, most of them in Westminster Abbey. I don´t know what else to say... :(

In Germany we have a Federal Republic and there is still a land called Bavaria... ;)

Oh, and the easy questions´ answer is: an ear of corn... B)

Edited by melvin.x

I should give up a hint since the rest of the question is essentially a history one not a logic one: they call it the 'UK' now, not England.

Because it was Britain?

I'm dying to see how you're going to weasel out of this one, because no matter what logic you use, the location will be in today's England, much like you talk about Australian or American history even though those areas were not called what they are today. :Jumpy:

Oh, and the easy questions´ answer is: an ear of corn... B)

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Because it was Britain?

I'm dying to see how you're going to weasel out of this one, because no matter what logic you use, the location will be in today's England, much like you talk about Australian or American history even though those areas were not called what they are today. :Jumpy:

:boxing: Weasel out indeed! Nothing of the sort required!

Okay, I'll declare Ken the WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

He was right, there's a difference between being crowned King and a King being crowned. So the answer would be zero, except....

In fact, one King was crowned....when the "United KINGdom" (the clue) was created. King James I was already King James VI. :yeah:

A very easy one:

Which word from Group B belongs withe words from Group A:

A. BLAST, PAPER, BOX, BANK

B. JUICE, BAG, CRADLE, CARPET

Before airplanes were invented, a suspension bridge was being planned to span the gorge near Niagara Falls. There was no way a boat could carry the necessary suspension cables across the violent water, and the bridge could not be build until the cables spanned the river. One day the builders staged a contest open to the public that solved their problem. The contest was won by a young boy. Shortly thereafter, the cables spanned the water. What contest did they stage and how did they use it to solve their problem?

Before airplanes were invented, a suspension bridge was being planned to span the gorge near Niagara Falls. There was no way a boat could carry the necessary suspension cables across the violent water, and the bridge could not be build until the cables spanned the river. One day the builders staged a contest open to the public that solved their problem. The contest was won by a young boy. Shortly thereafter, the cables spanned the water. What contest did they stage and how did they use it to solve their problem?

The contest entailed flying a kite accross Niagra Falls and a young boy won. The kite string was fasted to something on the other side I think a tree. Once the line was secured, it was used to pull over increasingly heavier strings, ropes and finally cables.

The contest entailed flying a kite accross Niagra Falls and a young boy one. The kite string was fasted to something on the other side I think a tree. Once the line was secured, it was used to pull over increasingly heavier strings, ropes and finally cables.

The contest entailed flying a kite accross Niagra Falls and a young boy won. The kite string was fasted to something on the other side I think a tree. Once the line was secured, it was used to pull over increasingly heavier strings, ropes and finally cables.

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::clap:

Yup, smells like weasel from here. :D

Let me guess, you're not a big fan of legalese or lawyers are you? :lol:

Nice and easy one:

If 3 plums are worth 2 apples, how many apples are 24 plums worth?

WINNER!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::clap:

Let me guess, you're not a big fan of legalese or lawyers are you? :lol:

Nice and easy one:

If 3 plums are worth 2 apples, how many apples are 24 plums worth?

18 apples.

By the way, a lawyer would say that the King was indeed crowned in England, whether or not he wasn't in fact the King at the time. Much like Australian history predates Australia by name, it doesn't change the fact the King was crowned in England. The King is King on the death of the King, hence the phrase "The King is dead, long live the King."

And here we go:

A monarch succeeding by right (e.g. hereditary) does not have to undergo the ceremony of coronation to ascend the throne and execute the duties of the office. King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, for example, did not reign long enough for a coronation ceremony to occur before he abdicated, yet he was unquestionably the King of the United Kingdom and Emperor of India during his brief reign. This is because in Great Britain, the law stipulates that the moment one monarch dies, the new monarch assumes the throne. The British Monarch is usually proclaimed in an outdoor ceremony at St. James's Palace within hours of the death of his predecessor. In France, the new monarch ascended the throne when the coffin of the previous monarch descended into the vault at Saint Denis Basilica, and the Duke of Uzes proclaimed 'Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi' (French: 'The [old] king is dead; long live the [new] King!')

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weasel

:D

I R TEH WIN!!!

I'll go for 16 apples.............just to be different.

and correct. Why did I say 18?

Ken

WINNER!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A monarch succeeding by right (e.g. hereditary) does not have to undergo the ceremony of coronation to ascend the throne and execute the duties of the office. King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom, for example, did not reign long enough for a coronation ceremony to occur before he abdicated, yet he was unquestionably the King of the United Kingdom and Emperor of India during his brief reign. This is because in Great Britain, the law stipulates that the moment one monarch dies, the new monarch assumes the throne. The British Monarch is usually proclaimed in an outdoor ceremony at St. James's Palace within hours of the death of his predecessor. In France, the new monarch ascended the throne when the coffin of the previous monarch descended into the vault at Saint Denis Basilica, and the Duke of Uzes proclaimed 'Le Roi est mort, vive le Roi' (French: 'The [old] king is dead; long live the [new] King!')

I like it! It's not what the card says, but I think you're right that the card has got it wrong. :yeah:

There is a cage at the Proton city zoo that holds a variety of jungle animals and creatures. In this cage there are 11 heads and 20 feet. There are twice as many jungle creatures with four feet as there are jungle creatures with two feet. How many creatures of each kind are in the cage?

There is a cage at the Proton city zoo that holds a variety of jungle animals and creatures. In this cage there are 11 heads and 20 feet. There are twice as many jungle creatures with four feet as there are jungle creatures with two feet. How many creatures of each kind are in the cage?

Two four-legged, one two-legged and a pile of parts.

You really shouldn't put the two Lions in with the Gazelles. The Monkey thought it was funny, though, but he was safe up a tree.