When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega PO 42.5 Asian 21J... can I drop an ETA 2892 inside?

vmena

Not only Dial feet and hand sizes but also the 2892 is a much slimmer movement and you have have stem re insertion problems as the stem hole will NOT line up with the crown tube hole.

Really why bother

The asian movements are GOOD!, they are workhorses and last a long time compared to so called ETA movements in our watches!

I had the hope that ETA2892 was going to ft, as it does in the Omega Seamaster... is t he 2824 or 2836 the ones that might fit? Maybe I can source gen hands...

The Asian movements are GOOD!, they are workhorses and last a long time compared to so called ETA movements in our watches!

Yes, that's what I've heard lately... but you have to agree that if I have the opportunity of drooping an swiss mov... I'd better do it ;)

I have to search for those PO franken posts for the 42... they must be very old :D

I'm pretty sure that I could cut dial feet and glue it to the movement with an appropriate mov ring. Also, gen hands can be attached to a gen ETA movement. But if the stem do not align because of the mov thickness, then it can not be done easily. But the PO 42 carries caliber 2500 based in an ETA 2892 heavily modified (23 jewels and co-axial escape). So except these mods increased the thickness of the movement, a 2892 must fit into the PO 42 case... I think I will start the search for the hands. BTW... do you know where could I source a better pearl and/or insert?

• 3 months later...