When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cloned movements?

FxrAndy

The post about the new daytona started to get into a discussion about what movements should be cloned ect so i thought i would open a new thread and discuss it here.

I personaly think that the soprod moduals should and would be a better thing to clone than the rolly movements that can only be found in rollys. If we had the moduals for chrono, power reserves and GMTs it would open the door for a huge number of movement configurations that would take the 2892/seagull st 18. also a modual for a PR on a unitas copy would not go amiss either.

To clone a movement is a very hard task. It is cheaper for them to use the A770 and to design modificactions.

A I said in that thread I have just bought a Daytona. I will review the movement. Hopefully, the new modification is much better then previous.

Francisco.

I want a good GMT movement that can fit a variety of cases. I'm very curious about that secs @ 6 movement Francisco. Zig didn't seem to think 29 jewels was enough for the transfer as there are still gears running dry on plates likely. Keep us posted on what you find.

I'm very curious about that secs @ 6 movement Francisco. Zig didn't seem to think 29 jewels was enough for the transfer as there are still gears running dry on plates likely.

This assumes that the additional jewels were actually used for the additional chrono gearing & not something else (like 'window dressing')........... Even if they did address the chrono, as Ziggy said, that is still an insufficient number of jewels to properly address the relocation gearing.

What is the difference between the 2892 (Seagull st218) and the 2894 apart from the chrono modual, my point is if they can make the modual then it can fit to 2824s also and give us lots of watches

What is the difference between the 2892 (Seagull st218) and the 2894 apart from the chrono modual, my point is if they can make the modual then it can fit to 2824s also and give us lots of watches

Really? 2824s and 2892s are interchangeable now? :D

The 2894 is really thin. Have a look at it taken apart:

http://www.spitzwatch.com/WatchMaking/eta/...rtpicture2.html

I think wanting an accurate copy of a 2894 will remain an elusive pipe dream unless we're willing to accept thicker-than-genuine watches.

I belive that the chrono modual from the the 2894-2 will fit the 2824 and will also fit the seagull, so as we already have the seagull then the modual would be a perfect solution for lots of watches.

Hang on i may be talking out of my axxe, just found some conficting evidence that the modual will not fit a 2824