When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nardin is here, Super High Res Images (thumbnailed)

fotoman

Great pics. hope you are recovering well from you procedure today. I had a chance to check out the gen last week. You should see it in the rose gold with black dial. Absolutely amazing! Can't see paying $32,000 for it though! Wonder if the rep world would release the rose gld with black face version? Would be something. Only thing though is that it is a heavy watch (at least the gen), so do those wrist exercies...

Pho.....be careful of where all you go putting your tongue :p....especially rubber :p

This watch is growing on me.....though not sure if the red/black combo is the one.....maybe all all black one.

I would have expected the factories to make a bunch of serial nos. for this watch....."100" is dead giveaway.

that along with other things like too much blue in the AR have been suggested to the factory, there were supposed to be individual numbers -i said well if your going to do individuals at least do it where people see the watch when you wear it and not on the case bottom DUH

Great pics. hope you are recovering well from you procedure today. I had a chance to check out the gen last week. You should see it in the rose gold with black dial. Absolutely amazing! Can't see paying $32,000 for it though! Wonder if the rep world would release the rose gld with black face version? Would be something. Only thing though is that it is a heavy watch (at least the gen), so do those wrist exercies...

Tried on gen this model and gold-- they will do a gold i think, the Black and gold is styling, all the pieces are there, just plate the stainless and your done !!!! no brainer- my dad wiould love that piece, i can't do gold

also, lume, haven' tried, haevn't even sized it yet

lume is so eh - it looks cool for 30 seconds in an elevator or on a dark Disney ride.

It is a pity the back. It has several flaws.

1.- The bearing. It is the same problem like HBB. The bearing is not correct. However, it can be solved using the sampe procedure I explained for the HBB.

2.- Some parts of the movement must be blue...painted blue. Of course you can solve it painting these pieces. However, you must dissamble the mechanism.

If I buy it I will mod it...no doubt.

Francisco

can't sleep, too much pain in my leg. I've been playing in photoshop with the colors to try to give it the best representation that i can with a photo - i can't make the dial pop like it does, but to my eye.

this gives me the best representation that i can hold in my hand - my photoshop skills being limited. most of my work was done with the slr camera - and frankly i could have made the crown not blurry, but didn't realize it at the time - oh well.

nicelycontrastednardinqc1.jpg

Just keep in mind that if you do the all black one the dial on that version is incorrect and you will need to swap a dial in from the blk/red version so you have the correct blue floating indices. For some reason they used black ones for the black bezel version which is only correct for the gold watch not steel.

Pho.....be careful of where all you go putting your tongue :p....especially rubber :p

This watch is growing on me.....though not sure if the red/black combo is the one.....maybe all all black one.

I would have expected the factories to make a bunch of serial nos. for this watch....."100" is dead giveaway.

Tried on gen this model and gold-- they will do a gold i think, the Black and gold is styling, all the pieces are there, just plate the stainless and your done !!!! no brainer- my dad wiould love that piece, i can't do gold

also, lume, haven' tried, haevn't even sized it yet

lume is so eh - it looks cool for 30 seconds in an elevator or on a dark Disney ride.

I am not that familiar with UN, how much is the gen of the SS rep you purchased? Might be nice to know since Josh has one that we paid for. ;)

Just keep in mind that if you do the all black one the dial on that version is incorrect and you will need to swap a dial in from the blk/red version so you have the correct blue floating indices. For some reason they used black ones for the black bezel version which is only correct for the gold watch not steel.

..I think it would just be easier to paint the red part black.

I am not that familiar with UN, how much is the gen of the SS rep you purchased? Might be nice to know since Josh has one that we paid for. ;)

Gen lists for around $9k

after 1 day of walking around with this watch, i can say the following - ITS F-IN AWESOME if you like the look and feel of a Nardin don't wait buy this watch.

The clasp scratches pretty easy, :( not happy about that, but, the bracelet once sized properly - Rubber strap i should say, feels great, solid but not so tight it hurts, they over did the blue on the AR, but the AR does make the watch POP. I have spoken to Josh to tell the factory about the issues we have discussed. But in reality, they are all MINOR compared to the fact that we have a Nardin super Rep.

This goes in my Top Best out the Box list including Swiss Steelfish; Graham Diver PVD; Nardin Chrono; Honorable mention ap Rubberclad

Good for you Pho. I'm happy for you. I know you have been jonseing for one for a while and had to endure looking at mine all this time. Glad you like it. Sounds like they nailed this one - and regarding the AR it is a pretty easy fix. BTW, I hear what you are saying about the cyclops but honestly, the gen AR doesn't really show up on the mag so I wouldn't worry about it. Just have Chief coat both sides including the mag and it will be fine. And yes, the straps are nice when you have them set right. They kind of wear like a super comfortable bracelet instead of a strap. Again, congrats on the score.

Good for you Pho. I'm happy for you. I know you have been jonseing for one for a while and had to endure looking at mine all this time. Glad you like it. Sounds like they nailed this one - and regarding the AR it is a pretty easy fix. BTW, I hear what you are saying about the cyclops but honestly, the gen AR doesn't really show up on the mag so I wouldn't worry about it. Just have Chief coat both sides including the mag and it will be fine. And yes, the straps are nice when you have them set right. They kind of wear like a super comfortable bracelet instead of a strap. Again, congrats on the score.

hell yeah,, and i can't understand why we wouldnt see an 1846 soon, If they get the dial dimentions right, there are 20 variations on that watch, no brainer to me,

i bet we see it soon, especially if this sells

=- also, talked to chief, you can't double coat the date mag crystals because the date mag glue melts under the process, so it has to be removed - and removing and putting back has been proven more trouble than its worth.

I talked to josh about it, he will talk to the factory, who knows, maybe V2 will fix it. But, honestly i wouldnt wait, it can be annoying but only in certain light, and being out and aobut today, it wasn't bad at all. hence my comments to buy buy.

fyi, i don't know if you saw the other thread, about me commenting on your sig, :) but just wanted to make sure its nothing personal bro :) just fun

Soon, we'll live in a Huge Nardin Rep Availability world, - can you imagine Nardins coming out like they put out breitlings, like every other week :)

No worries Pho - no I didn't read it - I'll go find it. Sigs are funny space wise no matter what you do though, assuming that is what the joke was. Mine is kind of all bunched up on one side which makes it look bigger than it is. Meanwhile, Lani has bigger pics than yours in a pattern which is neater but it still takes up a lot of vertical space. I am considering going to just thumbnails of current watches or none at all - just my RG banner. Although I don't think I will ever take down your quote...

I just received my UL today and I have to say I am very pleased with the watch. Same color combo as yours. I did notice that my cyclops is a hair off....QC problem? The AR is not too bad and really does not bother me. Hey its a rep and if you want perfection then buy the real thing. Take it for what it is, a rep.... I buy reps... wear them, enjoy them, and when they reach their life cycle then I trash them. I dont see the sense in spending the money to mod the watch, but hey thats just me.

The strap is really easy to adjust and overall the watch feels good wearing it. No lose screws... I already received several compliments on the watch. I would love to see it in the RG and Black combo.... that would be killer providing they get the RG color right. Nice thing about the UL is that it is not as Iconic as some of the other reps models out there.

If you are a UL lover then its a good choice. Enjoy wearing it and dont dissect it too closely. Thanks for the pics... :D

I just received my UL today and I have to say I am very pleased with the watch. Same color combo as yours. I did notice that my cyclops is a hair off....QC problem? The AR is not too bad and really does not bother me. Hey its a rep and if you want perfection then buy the real thing. Take it for what it is, a rep.... I buy reps... wear them, enjoy them, and when they reach their life cycle then I trash them. I dont see the sense in spending the money to mod the watch, but hey thats just me.

The strap is really easy to adjust and overall the watch feels good wearing it. No lose screws... I already received several compliments on the watch. I would love to see it in the RG and Black combo.... that would be killer providing they get the RG color right. Nice thing about the UL is that it is not as Iconic as some of the other reps models out there.

If you are a UL lover then its a good choice. Enjoy wearing it and dont dissect it too closely. Thanks for the pics... :D

i agree with all your comments - mis aligned mags happen to Rolex as well as Chinex :)

the AR on teh watch is AWESOME the problem i have with it, is the tint they put on it. AR can be applied in various tints, most companies including UN use a clear tint which is what Chieftang is using.

i think the tint they used was too strong - a totally Minute criticism, that should hold NO ONE back from getting this watch :)