When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UN Marine Chrono in the Hawaiin Sunshine

lanikai

Thought you may want to see what the UN MC looks like in full on sunlight.. does the dial "Sing" ..??

unmarinechrono008cf0.jpg

Practically direct afternoon sunlight .. the dial looks matte in the shade but in direct light.. it takes on a different look ..anyone that handled the genuine care to comment ?

unmarinechrono009mx1.jpg

slightly different angle

unmarinechrono011wx3.jpg

I found natures own "light box" .. my mango tree is filtering the sunlight .. into soft light. B)

unmarinechrono015iu4.jpg

unmarinechrono019hm2.jpg

Thanks for viewing B)

Lani ~

edit add:

sorry I posted this in the wrong section... if it needs to be moved .. please do so ... :)

Guest HaloArchive
Thank you guy's.. often times dials look different in the bright Sun.. but the UN actually looks great !! IMO.. it is free of dust.. :lol:

Seriously the dial changes in shade and sun.. so whoever has handled the genuine.. ???

I havn't handled but, have seen the gen through a window. Can't comment much.

Congrats Lani, always wearing the best ones.

Where did it come from?

Cheers,

Jorge

thank you J

I wasn't going to aquire this one as the makers pics didn't look that inviting but I trust my dealer .. glad I got it !!

This is from Joshua.. Perfect clones .. fyi .. the black/red is the most accurate dial .. so say those, in the know in China :)

Damn it!!! Why do I keep opening your posts Lani???!!! Now I have another one to add to the list. :(

Great pics and another great post Lani.

Thank you Z

But keeping in line with my philosophy of staying "coachable".. I have a member who IMO stay's .. "quiet but effective" coaching me to improve, so the next macro pictorial will tell how well I can follow direction.. it's all about improving.. and I am excited to learn more.. :D

I have handled the gen but only in store light.

I will say this the color pop on this thing is hypnotic. maybe the blue Ar tint ads to the color variTion?

but this is def on my fav piece list rightnow. there are not manypieces it's so tuff to do justice to in photos in fact I find it's usually the opposite. I can make a piece look more desirable in photos than life like magazine photos anyway this one is better in person!!

sometimes you see the rep flavor of the month and next month you start to see alot or second hand offers

this one is a keeper:)

Beautiful pics Lani.....love the mango tree light box shot.

I have 2 watches on my "must get" list ....this UN and the FM Casablanca V2 that was released yesterday.

I am yet to get a rep this year....my last one was the DSSD which came a couple of days before Christmas.

I have handled the gen but only in store light.

I will say this the color pop on this thing is hypnotic. maybe the blue Ar tint ads to the color variTion?

but this is def on my fav piece list rightnow. there are not manypieces it's so tuff to do justice to in photos in fact I find it's usually the opposite. I can make a piece look more desirable in photos than life like magazine photos anyway this one is better in person!!

sometimes you see the rep flavor of the month and next month you start to see alot or second hand offers

this one is a keeper:)

I agree Pho.. the hue of the AR does add depth to the dial .. this is definastely a fun and easy piece to imaged.. with all the different colours and dimensions on the dial it makes it fun

I'm sure you can make the most bland piece look like a masterpiece with your images ..!!

Rolexman Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM

My eyes, MY EYES!

Ya had ta look huh ? :lol: >> like a moth drawn to fire ...

the colours are dazzling RM. .. what's not to like ? .. go ahead be a risk taker .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I look outside and I see mountains of snow, Lanikai... let's trade weather.

Exquisite photos as usual, by the way.

opposites attract is the law of nature,.. I miss the snow (visually) .. I wish the temputure in Hawaii could stay like it is now, with a nice north wind.. feels like air conditioning outside.,.. perfect .. :)

at least here we don't spend a lot on sesonal clothing .. the closest I get to snow here is eating "shave ice" with ice cream on the bottom and fresh fruit on top.. :lol: ..

and thank you ..

Just a gorgeous watch Lani and phoband, I've reviewed both your photo reviews. Congrats and wear them well.

I also miss the snow but do not miss living in the ski resorts any longer, too cold for these old bones, that's why I'm here!

Lani, remember, we have very early snow in the season on Mauna Kea this year, it has been cooler earlier.

Links to Photos of Hawaiian Snow below:

http://macprohawaii.blogspot.com/2008/12/s...-mauna-kea.html

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/...KING01/90106063

:rofl:

Afb015.jpg

This ad almost pulled me over the edge. It's the steel bracelet that makes a huge difference IMO.

I put ma HK Tan ... antique chestnut gator on the BCE graphite.. so ya don't think o me as a total putz.. :D .. the BCE is modded to .."Da Max" .. got it on the wrist checks.... to restore your faith in Mankind... B)

@emuozz ... gotta practice with your camera brah !.. start off with taking 100 images and then your on your way to a good start.. or a bad back.. :rolleyes:

I'm still learning ma man.. B)

Just a gorgeous watch Lani and phoband, I've reviewed both your photo reviews. Congrats and wear them well.

I also miss the snow but do not miss living in the ski resorts any longer, too cold for these old bones, that's why I'm here!

Lani, remember, we have very early snow in the season on Mauna Kea this year, it has been cooler earlier.

Links to Photos of Hawaiian Snow below:

http://macprohawaii.blogspot.com/2008/12/s...-mauna-kea.html

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/...KING01/90106063

yeah .. heard on the news the other night it was snowing on Mauna Kea .... we rode our Harley's over Saddle road one year,.. got hailed on .. it was so cold we had ta pull over and use the pipes to warm our hands.. they were numb.. coudn't feel the handle bars.. :rolleyes:

I'm lovin the North wind.. Windward Oahu has been chilly .. of course I'm out at 3 am .. perfect climate for me..