When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing a 1665 glass ?

docdoc

There's a very well written tutorial here somewhere that describes doing this... use a razor blade and tap it in beneath the crystal retaining ring, then work your way around, prying gently, and you'll see it begin to move up from the case. Keep going until you can slide it and the crystal off.

There's a very well written tutorial here somewhere that describes doing this... use a razor blade and tap it in beneath the crystal retaining ring, then work your way around, prying gently, and you'll see it begin to move up from the case. Keep going until you can slide it and the crystal off.

It should pop out with finger pressure. As Nanuq said, did you remove the crystal retaining ring?

There's no guarantees this watch even has a retaining ring! So first, you need to pry off the bezel, but do it carefully so no small parts go flying off onto the carpet! If there is a retaining ring around the crystal, then you can try to remove it. But some of the watches just have the crystal glued to the case. At that point, fitting another gen or aftermarket crystal probably won't work. I've run into this on some of the inexpensive Silix subs. Good luck.

After 30 minutes looking for a way to remove the bezel I just accidently put my fingers on the back of the glass and it pops out gently :) In fact it is noes a glass as so to speak but more a cheap plastic. I need to swap this piece for something more solid and accurate :) thanks for the infos anyway !

And yes there is no retaining ring… I think that when I will swap the glass, I will simply glue it to the case…

But first I need to resolve another problem as after 5 hours the wonderful 21j movement stopped working :D

Edited by docdoc