When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dream Watches

chessmonster

Here are replicas i would die for if they would someday be replicated:

HBB Bigger Bang:

post-19608-1231810438_thumb.jpg

The Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

post-19608-1231810714_thumb.jpg

on some lucky guys wrist:

post-19608-1231810689_thumb.jpg

Here is a link for more pictures and information on the maurice..the most incredible watch i have ever seen.

http://www.timeway.eu/Maurice-Lacroix-Masterpiece-Squelette

Absolutely amazing watch..i really wish i could get this one in replica, the real one is around 8k. if i dont find it soon in replica im gonna find a way to go out and buy one..it was this watch that got me into watches in the first place. Cant afford 8k really..but i will find a way.

What do you guys think the chances are that either of these watches will ever come available in replica..they were just released this last year.

I am all in for the UN Sonata...

You might be waiting until hell freezes for that one my friend. They are great though. One of the best sounding repeaters I have ever heard.

Anyway, more realistic is the MMD which I hear is in the pipeline. Simply the finest fit and finished dive watch ever made and I have had them all practically. Every bit as high quality as anything from VC, AP, or GO and yet priced like a Rolex. I just can't say enough about it so I hope they really nail the rep for everyones sake here. I wonder which dials they will do though and whether they will just do the rubber like the MMD Chrono or will also do the bracelet. The UN rubbers are OK, but nothing compared to the bracelets. Just dreamy to the touch. Best machined bracelet I have ever seen. Viva la Nardin!

UNwrista.jpg

I was never really a BP guy but I just checked out the Fifty. Jeez, what a retail price on those - $12,800 for a strapped dive watch. Anybody handle the gen? Is it really made great or somehow otherwise noticeably an expensive piece. Just wondering given it is so much more. But then I suppose the Breguet Marine line is right there as is the AP and VC counterparts so no surprise then.

This is why I have always loved UN stuff BTW - it has that "high end feel" without the price - assuming the Fifty is in that camp. But there is a difference. If you hold a Rolex or whatever and then hold a VC Overseas or whatever you really notice a big difference in feel and finish. Just wondering if anyone here can relate anything on that to the Fifty.

I was never really a BP guy but I just checked out the Fifty. Jeez, what a retail price on those - $12,800 for a strapped dive watch. Anybody handle the gen? Is it really made great or somehow otherwise noticeably an expensive piece.

Hi R.

I did in september 2008 Vienna... i traveled there and back just to see this watch in an AD live since i was seriously thinking of getting it...

what happened ... <_< HUGE disappointment ... the fit and finish was way below my expectations the hole watch looked cheap... specially the bezel rotating system ... not only that it sounded like turning a cheap canal street rep it also had some play!!! can u believe it sheeesh :( also the strap is a joke thin looking cheap also noticed that where the buckle was attached it had a 0.5mm of play between the strap and buckle and that on both sides ....

i cant stress enough the disappointment ... at 9.8k euro they were asking for it.

Still i like the design and the history behind the fifty, so i would purchase the rep. but gen. i will stay away from.

regards Laz

Hi R.

I did in september 2008 Vienna... i traveled there and back just to see this watch in an AD live since i was seriously thinking of getting it...

what happened ... <_< HUGE disappointment ... the fit and finish was way below my expectations the hole watch looked cheap... specially the bezel rotating system ... not only that it sounded like turning a cheap canal street rep it also had some play!!! can u believe it sheeesh :( also the strap is a joke thin looking cheap also noticed that where the buckle was attached it had a 0.5mm of play between the strap and buckle and that on both sides ....

i cant stress enough the disappointment ... at 9.8k euro they were asking for it.

Still i like the design and the history behind the fifty, so i would purchase the rep. but gen. i will stay away from.

regards Laz

The lack of quality fit and finish means the rep could be even more accurate. They always say you can't replicate the feel of a gen, well after reading this, I beg to differ... if it's even half as good as some of my other reps we could be looking at the next super rep. Not to mention it would sell like crazy. They'll make one eventually... I believe it.

The lack of quality fit and finish means the rep could be even more accurate. They always say you can't replicate the feel of a gen, well after reading this, I beg to differ... if it's even half as good as some of my other reps we could be looking at the next super rep. Not to mention it would sell like crazy. They'll make one eventually... I believe it.

Yeah you never know just what gens will be nice and which won't. So the Fifty may be better than the gen. Some gens are crap - like the Dewitt's as an example. Just really junky feeling. And then you hold a UN or a Vacheron or even something cheaper like a gen Steelfish and you just want to sleep with them.

I'm REALLY dialed in to the three F's in horology - fit, finish, and feel. But in all honesty, being as objective as I can, I can't recall but one rep that really got there - even the super ones. They get close, but will fall down somewhere. Of course being a detail guy I'm REALLY picky about that stuff so I notice everything. Of my core gen collection now there are very good quality reps available of three of them (PO, Aquatimer, DJ) but they all miss by a mile out of the box IMO - not talking about visual flaws but the three F's.

Of course with a gen dial and crown the DJ will be closer, with double AR and gen parts the PO will be closer, and the Slevin is pretty good except even with the lume done it has that raised lumpy look at macro. Laz and I were talking about it the other day - if you hold reps to loupe quality you will be disappointed. But most people don't care about the details and usually just the basic visual accuracy above all. To that end, I'm kind of an outsider, but my punishement for being so picky is having my wallet lightened a lot more than the masses here on a regular basis. LOL. Many times I wish I wasn't so taken by the finest details, but then I say to myself, life is too short. If you love something, buy the highest version of it that you can and get the most enjoyment possible. It's only money. You can't take it with you and as my Dad used to say - "Money is only something you need in case you don't die tomorrow..."

Fit and finish.

Not owning all the gens that some here on this forum are fortunate to own, I speak as a wanna be.

However, I wear my MBK PP Nautilus for three or 4 days, and then I switch to my PP Aquanaut, or my BSOH.

And although my reps certainly are not the quality of the gen's, when it comes to fit and finish, these rep models are way ahead of the curve.

That being said. My rep MBK PP's are QUALITY watches that are as comfortable and luxurious as the gen.

The rep BSOH with the REP OR strap and deployment are equal in fit and finish to the gen, IMO.

Regarding the Nautilus and Aquanaut, although the reps are inaccurate compared to the gens, when it comes to fit and

finish the MBK's are remarkable replica's of 15,000 to 30,00.00 watches, at a fraction of the cost.

There are rep watches out there that are definitely as nice or nicer than many gen's especially when it comes to price point.

Oh yeah, they are really close for sure. Not knocking them at all. It is the fisest details I'm talking about and you have to be a little nuts to focus on them. As an example, no rep PP is going to stand up to the test against the gen with a loupe. The quality differences are pretty obvious. The feel is also the one that never quite hits for me - even when on the super reps the fit and finish do. Even the smallest details like what the rotor sounds like is stuff that becomes really important to me, hence why I'm buying mostly gens these days. I never compare value. Never. Fraction of the cost is not something that I consider. If I truly love a watch, I will want the best version of it. But I realize that I am the exception when it comes to this stuff. Although I can't agree that there are any reps that are nicer than their gens?

• 2 weeks later...
Here are replicas i would die for if they would someday be replicated:

HBB Bigger Bang:

post-19608-1231810438_thumb.jpg

The Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Squelette

post-19608-1231810714_thumb.jpg

on some lucky guys wrist:

post-19608-1231810689_thumb.jpg

Here is a link for more pictures and information on the maurice..the most incredible watch i have ever seen.

http://www.timeway.eu/Maurice-Lacroix-Masterpiece-Squelette

Absolutely amazing watch..i really wish i could get this one in replica, the real one is around 8k. if i dont find it soon in replica im gonna find a way to go out and buy one..it was this watch that got me into watches in the first place. Cant afford 8k really..but i will find a way.

What do you guys think the chances are that either of these watches will ever come available in replica..they were just released this last year.

So i actually ended up buying this dream watch yesterday. I had a good month in online poker and they had one on ebay encrusted in diamonds and i decided that it..i gotta get it.

The watch retails for 10k...i have never seen one for sale used before..but someone had a used one on ebay a jewelry store, which encrusted it in top quality diamonds...they say the client never picked it up cuz he had financial trouble so they are selling his watch. The asking price was 7k..i made an offer for 6k figuring they wouldnt take it anyway..and they took it. Anyway really good deal thats for sure....i just hope the watch really does come and its not a scam cuz story is a little fantastic.

The funny thing is i never have see one in real life so i hope im not disappointed tomorrow when UPS brings it.

Also one bad thing about the watch is it is a manual wind (most skeletons are) i have been kind of spoiled with my automatic replicas.

Anyway... i guess this reply is just to say...dreams do come true.