When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Glashutte Senator Sixties

b16a2

Fronttopcopy.jpg

For a long time I have been looking to buy a nice and simple dress watch. Glashutte is a brand that has really grown on me since joining Timezone a few years ago. When I saw the Senator Sixties for sale on Watchmarks website I knew I had to give it a go. So, here is the review of my Glashutte Senator Sixties.

History

Glashutte has a history of making timepieces that stretches back over 150 years. The company became privatised in 1994 taking on the name of Glashutte Original. (Glashutte is a small town in Germany that means tin/silver mine.) The company now comes under the umbrella of ownership which incorporates A. Lange & Sohne

During World War II Glashutte was responsible for making watches for the Navy and Air Force of Germany.

The Senator Sixties is based on its predecessor; the Glashutte Spezimatic which was developed in the 1960

I just tried one of these on at an AD... beautiful piece- timeless elegance is really the only way to sum up the "vibe" it gives off... the movement on the genuine is exquisite with many of the gears exhibiting snailing and the overall very, very high level finish that German brands are famous for... Unless someone owns the genuine article, they'd probably think the handwind Asian version is just as nicely finished...

Thanks everyone. The Sixties was a watch I hadn't even considered until I went on a random browse at Watchmark and saw it there. The quality fo the finish really is astounding in the flesh, certainly not what you would expect for such a small price!

@Scoobs - The black version has been repped and it looks stunning, HikeUSA has the Rose Gold version, here is a picture he posted in another topic;

glas1a.JPG

Thanks everyone. The Sixties was a watch I hadn't even considered until I went on a random browse at Watchmark and saw it there. The quality fo the finish really is astounding in the flesh, certainly not what you would expect for such a small price!

@Scoobs - The black version has been repped and it looks stunning, HikeUSA has the Rose Gold version, here is a picture he posted in another topic;

That looks sweet :wub: .

Can't seem to get acces to Watchmark's site. Could you please PM me the details?