When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black rubber strap on 42.5mm Planet Ocean?

hackR

Does the Omega black rubber strap on the 45mm Planet Ocean fit the 42.5mm?...(can't seem to find the lug size)

No. The 45mm should have a 22mm lug size, the 42.5mm has a 20mm lug size. There is an older generation of replica of 45mm with a 20mm lug width

If so, suggestions on where to source one?

As far as I know, the only way of getting a 20mm Planet Ocean strap (which is very different from the 20mm Seamaster strap) is an Authorized Omega stockists. I do not know of any 20mm Planet Ocean strap replicas (although there are replicas of the 20mm Seamaster strap). The Seamaster strap looks fine on the Planet Ocean, that's what I've had on both my 42.5 and 45mm (which had the 20mm lug size), but strictly speaking, if you want accuracy, the Seamaster strap is not correct :)

• 4 weeks later...
No. The 45mm should have a 22mm lug size, the 42.5mm has a 20mm lug size. There is an older generation of replica of 45mm with a 20mm lug width

As far as I know, the only way of getting a 20mm Planet Ocean strap (which is very different from the 20mm Seamaster strap) is an Authorized Omega stockists. I do not know of any 20mm Planet Ocean strap replicas (although there are replicas of the 20mm Seamaster strap). The Seamaster strap looks fine on the Planet Ocean, that's what I've had on both my 42.5 and 45mm (which had the 20mm lug size), but strictly speaking, if you want accuracy, the Seamaster strap is not correct :)

I'm looking for a 20mm rubber strap for a 42mm PO where can I get one of the Seamaster ones from?

I'm looking for a 20mm rubber strap for a 42mm PO where can I get one of the Seamaster ones from?

Most of the dealers have the 20mm Seamaster straps, although I have to admit, having seen a 22mm force-fit into place, I'm pretty tempted to try a 22mm myself :)

Other than gen there is no rep PO strap for the 20MM lugs. There used to be one but it had a metal slug at the lug ends as that was how they compensated for a poor design. You had to grind those off in order to use it but it was terrible anyway. Those are long gone. There is a guy on ebay selling a PO rubber strap that is very close to the gen but without logos of course. It comes in blk, oranage, green, & blue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-RUBBER-WATCH-BAN...%3A1%7C294%3A50

This would save you some money. Other wise you are going to have to bite the bullet and grab a gen strap and gen buckle (sold seperately) for a couple hundred - or you could watch TZ for a used one. Even then they are going for $150 many times...

Does the Omega black rubber strap on the 45mm Planet Ocean fit the 42.5mm?...(can't seem to find the lug size)

If so, suggestions on where to source one?

BTW, not to nitpick but so you have it right - your watch is 42MM, not 42.5MM and the big size is 45.5MM, not 45MM. Just letting you know since you are talking straps, etc. Don't want to fool anyone when you go looking outside of here.

Other than gen there is no rep PO strap for the 20MM lugs. There used to be one but it had a metal slug at the lug ends as that was how they compensated for a poor design. You had to grind those off in order to use it but it was terrible anyway. Those are long gone. There is a guy on ebay selling a PO rubber strap that is very close to the gen but without logos of course. It comes in blk, oranage, green, & blue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-RUBBER-WATCH-BAN...%3A1%7C294%3A50

This would save you some money. Other wise you are going to have to bite the bullet and grab a gen strap and gen buckle (sold seperately) for a couple hundred - or you could watch TZ for a used one. Even then they are going for $150 many times...

thought that might be the problem hmmm, dont really want to go spending more money than the watch on a strap will just stick with the ss!

i ordered a black rubber 20mm PO strap from tonyxkf...it should be here in a week's time...will check it out for fit when it arrives and advise...

here's my plan for my 42mm POs...

1) black bezel PO with remain with SS bracelet (love the look and feel of this combo)

2) orange bezel PO will have the black rubber PO strap (sporty)

• 3 weeks later...

I tried one of the seamaster straps on my 42mm PO and it did not fit well, even if you removed the metal nips. it does not push close to the case between the lugs. If anyone finds a source for a rep 20mm PO rubber strap then please post it here.