When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Redress The Stars

TenJed69

OK, so a little fantasy exercise here. Some characters in movies/books/TV shows and games are well known for the watches they wear, others aren't or don't even wear one. So, I'll name a few characters and you say what you think a good watch (rep or gen, or say for each, your choice) would suit them - and you can add to the list of characters yourself. If the character already wears a watch, don't pick the one they already wear even if you think it's the best choice! Pick a second best in that case.

I'll start with:

James Bond - so no Rolex Sub or Omega Seamaster.

James-Bond.jpg

Danny Archer - from Blood Diamond, no Breitling Chrono Avenger.

blooddiamondlrg2.jpg

Indianna Jones - don't recall him wearing a watch.

raiders14.jpg

Neo - from the Matrix, don't think he wears a watch.

cover.jpg

Vic Mackey - from the Shield, no Cartier SA Must 21.

shield_l.jpg

Ok so lets put Bond in a JLC Reverso or an AP ROO.................c'mon guys it's a game :rolleyes:

Danny Archer...who cares..ok he can have a PO

Indianna Jones....I'm going for a Rolex explorer...what else? :D

Neo...it's got to be digital....Omega X3, about the only digital I can name.

Vic Mackey....what's this boofhead doing in a Cartier in the first place? :unsure: ......AP T3 or Pam Slytech

Ken

I'll throw a new character into the mix :)

Captain Jack Harkness: Developed a strange fixation with the wardrobes of WWII, despite actually being from the 51st Century :huh:

Only seen wearing a Rolex Air-King date in Torchwood to date (although in a recent publicity shot for Season 3, he could be wearing a Tudor Chronograph)

captain-jack-harkness-gun.jpg

No Rolexes or Tudors, as the actor who portrays the character frequently wears Rolexes in his daily life (and has been spotted wearing an Ebel Discovery Chronograph)

Has also been known to dress thusly:

164ao.jpg

10879088_gal.jpg

So don't fall for the Forties obsession...

...and another thing? I know you all. The first sexy bird that's cited, you won't be able to resist your trigger happy thoughts......."Gee, I'd give her a Big Bang"

JTB

In that case, I'll have to mention:

CJ Parker... Lifeguard and somewhat New Age spiritualist...

x17_anderson_070426_ssh.jpg

Ooooooh, that kind of 'redress', I thought we were going to be able to right the likes of Danny Glover and Sean Penn for being Chavez lovin' prats.

In that case, I'll wait until 'she' is mentioned.

BritneySpears4.jpg

I suppose I could put a white dial 116520 on 'dat.

Harkness? I'd put him in an Omega Constellation.........ladies.

JTB

OMGTF!

Oohhh, nice call on the RADO!!!

TJ, you be nice about my friends ex wife, and stop those thoughts immediately or I'm callin the missus!! lol

I say Bond in a $20 Sekonda!! That'll teach him for having too many toys!! But if it was Sir S. Connery, well thatsh a different matter entirely! I Shay a AP ROO Shafari!

Oohhh, nice call on the RADO!!!

TJ, you be nice about my friends ex wife, and stop those thoughts immediately or I'm callin the missus!! lol

I say Bond in a $20 Sekonda!! That'll teach him for having too many toys!! But if it was Sir S. Connery, well thatsh a different matter entirely! I Shay a AP ROO Shafari!

:lol: You misunderstand, bro, I've had a thing for CJ Parker since, well, since Baywatch :) I'll PM you an amusing fact ;)