When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so who orders from Ofrei ?

cableguy

I have sent him numerous (not overly numerous but enough for it to not just be a one time problem or missed email) emails asking questions about stuff on the site. I would send him an email with the question the product in the subject and the product code in the email and stuff usually with a link to the product itself on his website like he asked. I haven't received one reply.... He's a terribly douche to go as far as putting on his website basically that he doesn't want bothered by noobs.. :-\ Good luck op

I sent Bob a noob question once and he replied pretty promptly off a blackberry, but he asked me "why do you need to buy this part?" so I didn't reply and I didn't purchase from him. But I would buy from Ofrei, i'd just check this forum first for part numbers then place the order. Shouldn't be any problem. I'm just not ready to buy the parts yet since my watch has an issue with lume and it wouldn't make sense to mod a watch that is missing lume (to me anyway).

Hey The Zigmeister, mind sharing who the supplier is?

Second that.... I'm sitting here in Europe looking to buy tools and stuff for + $200.- - and have already over $ 150 in my basket at ofrei... after having read this, I need to look for another supplier.

Allow me one quick story... I ordered a watchwinder today for 8 watches. I bought it on Ebay in Germany, got the mail, went to checkout and paid. One hour and two minutes later, I have a mail saying it has been shipped with DHL.

I've been buying stuff on Ebay for the past 6 years - and this was the fastest reaction from a seller ever. (I sent two mails to a US seller a couple of days ago - still no response at all)....

I live about 15 miles from Ofrei's warehouse (I won't call it a store). Sometimes I go there to get a tool or strap or whatever. Dealing with them in person is only marginally better than the stories I've read here. Getting in there is about like getting into a speakeasy. They have an outer door, an small entryway with a doorkeeper, and an inner door. As far as I can tell, the only way for a nonprofessional like me (who does not have an Ofrei account number) to enter is to go to the website, print out the catalog numbers of the items I want, and show this to the doorkeeper to prove that I know exactly what I want and won't waste their time. I've been to whorehouses that were more accessible. Anyway, after entering, I can make some changes to my wants on the fly with the counter staff if I need to. A non pro definitely gets the feeling of being tolerated, rather than welcomed. If you've seen the Soup Nazi episode of Seinfeld, then you understand this place. If it weren't so geographically convenient, I'd never buy from them.

Second that.... I'm sitting here in Europe looking to buy tools and stuff for + $200.- - and have already over $ 150 in my basket at ofrei... after having read this, I need to look for another supplier.

Since you are in Europe, have a look at http://www.watch-tool.de/ as well. I have ordered a few tools from them, and it was fast and easy. Ofrei charges a lot to send to Europe.