When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RX Sub Adverts for Class

Synaptic02

i had to make some advertisements for class, so i thought i'd share them with some people who might actually appreciate them for something other than composition and a lame phrase! :p

oh, and i took the photos myself and wrote said lame phrase and everything.

let me know what you think! unless you don't like them! :D

166100170ad25percbx8.jpg

166100206ad25percpt3.jpg

Very professional work - you sold me.

I did something similar a couple of years ago for a vintage Daytona, but just for my own amusement

6239artwork2.jpg

But after teasing myself with a fantasy advertisement, I decided I needed a fantasy box.

So I took this picture of my 6239

623920031.jpg

Modded it a bit in psp

62392003dark7681.jpg

And then tweaked the perspective to fit the pic on the front of my 6239 box (created in psp)

daytona6239box_1024e1.jpg

I thought that since I had already designed the box, Rolex might want to re-release the watch that goes inside it. :pray: But no such luck. :angry2:

I like it alot, very inventive and alot like some of the work I have to do; a spin I'd put on your slogan would be to make it a little less complicated:

i.e. Worn at the bottom, worn at the top, or

To rid of the repetition of the word worn.. Made for the bottom, worn at the top. Either way very cool and love the photography.

Would love to get some of the pictures in a bigger size for desktop wallpapers!

thank you so much for everyone's kind words! they certainly do mean a lot more than a professor's, haha.

LOVE the box freddy! i tried doing a film grain on mine as well, but it either messed with the contrast on the dial so that it no longer had that punchy, trademark look or, in hopes of combating that by turning up the contrast, i lost too much of the subtle detail, so i had to scrap it. so glad to see it worked out for somebody... <_<

the details, shundi, since this was the first assignment of the course, were simple: "find something you love and sell it to me." so, i'm really, really, really hoping that freddy secretly turns out to be my professor and teejay turns out to be my "tee-a!". ;) wow that was lame, i apologize. :thumbdown:

ammandel, THANK YOU for FINALLY rewording my slogan. i thought about it for so long trying to simplify it, but all of the ways i came up with were too ambiguous. i LOVE "made for the bottom, worn at the top," and in fact, i'm going to steal it. :p

if anyone would like larger res (even without slogan/logo or with the new slogan, i won't be upset, haha) just let me know what size you need and i'll make it happen! i sent a 1024x768 to laz earlier today that turned out really well...just be warned that anything too large (original res is 3008x2000 or whatever) will start to show all my photography flaws, haha.

thanks again everyone!

Edited by Synaptic02

Very nice!

hmmm, Has anyone gen advertisements of rlx watches especially modern sub? I am interested in those.

I ve seen in a magazine a fantastic TT Blue SUb Advert ! : A diver-photographer among sharks wareing a TT... amazing... i wish anyone has them

LOVE the box freddy! i tried doing a film grain on mine as well, but it either messed with the contrast on the dial so that it no longer had that punchy, trademark look or, in hopes of combating that by turning up the contrast, i lost too much of the subtle detail, so i had to scrap it. so glad to see it worked out for somebody... <_<

The trick is to either de-select those areas where you want to retain detail or to layer the image & paste in an unfiltered portion on top of the filtered image. In the case of the box picture, I think I used layers, which is why the dial retained its detail. But, again, the purpose of the layering was to help me focus & direct the viewer's eye where I wanted it - in this case, onto the dial. It makes an image more instantly eye-catching & generally easier to view.