When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wedding Sneak Preview...

TeeJay

Looks good T, you sorted a watch yet ?

Thanks, bro :) I'll try and get a better shot later on to show the knot better. I had planned on going with the Full Windsor, but it just didn't look as good with the shirt as the Shelby, so that's the choice for me :) Indeed, Nikki6 very generously offered to loan me a watch, and then upgraded his offer by making it a wedding present, so watch crisis over :)

I was right about the tie though huh?? Even if I can't see I still know style baby!! lol :p

You weren't wrong, bro :lol: It blows the other tie clear out of the water :)

Now all you need is a nice tie pin.

JTB

I have to admit, I've never really been one for tie-related jewellery... To be honest, I'm pretty 'take the or leave them' when it comes to cuff-links too :o

OK...this forum is amazing. Generous members...appreciate and gracious contributors. When you start losing faith in humanity...a small pocket of hobbyists restores your faith in humanity.

Great stuff.

You can certainly say that again, bro :):good:

I have to admit, I've never really been one for tie-related jewellery... To be honest, I'm pretty 'take the or leave them' when it comes to cuff-links too :o

A tie without a tie pin.. :o ... a suit without french cuffs and a nice antique pair of cufflinks :huh: may as well wear a gym shirt ma brotha ... B) .. gotta be "Daper" on that special day .. if not for you for the future Mrs. TJ .. :D

A tie without a tie pin.. :o ... a suit without french cuffs and a nice antique pair of cufflinks :huh: may as well wear a gym shirt ma brotha ... B) .. gotta be "Daper" on that special day .. if not for you for the future Mrs. TJ .. :D

I hear what you're saying, my brother, and I know what you mean, all my thoughts and efforts have been focussed on wearing an outfit which will make me look a presentable groom for my bride. Due to the hairstyle, I needed to know what I was wearing would look okay, and I felt that Morning Suits, cravats, etc, wouldn't look right, without the 'business hair'/short back and sides to go with it... As I was explaining to Nikki6 in PM, clothes are my 'artistic blindspot'. I simply can't choose clothes to make an outfit to look good. Every item of clothing I own, every combination I wear, I lift right out of film/TV, as I have more faith in the wardrobe departments, than I do in my own judgement in that area :lol:

This is the look I'm going for, (not that I'll be garroting anyone on the day :lol: )and I think the shirt and tie I've found, are reasonably close :)

agent_47.jpg

I guess my outfit would be considered 'smart/professional', rather than 'upscale/formal'. The shirt doesn't have French cuffs, but, I can wear cufflinks with it (and have a nice set I can wear) :)

I would go for a half windsor with a dimple, happens to be the exact knot used in that pic of 47.

It looks alot cleaner than your normal knot and with the dimple it acctually helps keep it squared away so you don't have to fool with it every now and then.

Thanks for the suggestion, bro :) I can't try it with the actual shirt at the moment, as it's in the wash, but it looks good with the shirt I have on now (better than the Shelby) so I'll see how it goes with the other shirt :) I had wanted to go for a Full Windsor, but it just didn't look right for some reason... The half Windsor looks awesome :)

Regardless, you look fantastic, TJ! :good: make sure you post a couple of nice wristshots during your BIG day! :p

Thanks, amigo :) I'll be sure to get as many as possible :lol::good:

Hi TeeJay, I hope you don't mind me sharing a quick wedding photo of my own. Your pictures reminded me of my wedding (congrats by the way). This photo was taken as we walked out of the church. I almost thought about sending it to Tag Heuer (It just looks soooo "advertisement" to me ;)). I hope all goes great for you bud!

Wedding089.jpg

Hi TeeJay, I hope you don't mind me sharing a quick wedding photo of my own. Your pictures reminded me of my wedding (congrats by the way). This photo was taken as we walked out of the church. I almost thought about sending it to Tag Heuer (It just looks soooo "advertisement" to me ;)). I hope all goes great for you bud!

Wedding089.jpg

Of course I don't mind, bro, thanks for sharing :good: Now I have the decision... Do I use my right arm, for a sly wrist shot, or do I use my left arm, for the 'ring shot'... Decisions decisions :lol: Contratulations on your own wedding, you both look really elegant :good:

Just do like me and wear both of them on your left hand. It's just for one day. ;)

Crazy as it might sound, I don't think I'd be able to stand it :lol: I've always worn a watch on my right wrist, and it just feels totally wrong to wear a watch on my left wrist :lol:

Haha congrats to you both. I know spidey will be sporting a pretty beautiful piece in the next photo he shoots :D.

I myself just got engaged. Whoo hoo!

Yeah Congrats Blue!!! Wha'choo gonna wear on your big day?