When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Titanic Romain Jerome SA - anyone own a rep?

mobile11

I remember one wrist check thread where a member posted his picture of that watch. I remember it because I responded with "wow... somebody actually bought one!?"

Try going back a few months in the wrist-checks, maybe cross-referencing them with my posts and I'm sure you'll find it. Then just try and get in touch with that person. They are so rare that outside of this I don't believe anyone here has actually got one. I might be in for a surprise though.

Even if this (made in very Bad Taste) genuine is repped.. I would not even view it. My gut reaction is that something of this nature in History should not be glamourized in any way shape or (watch) form.

Think about the Ship itself being the final resting place for lost souls.. that is just my thought .. but what ever rocks your World... I just rather not wonder why a watch such as this would be inviting.. Genuine or Rep.

Even if this (made in very Bad Taste) genuine is repped.. I would not even view it. My gut reaction is that something of this nature in History should not be glamourized in any way shape or (watch) form.

Think about the Ship itself being the final resting place for lost souls.. that is just my thought .. but what ever rocks your World... I just rather not wonder why a watch such as this would be inviting.. Genuine or Rep.

There is something kinda [censored] up about using the Titanic for a luxury piece.. in addition, the whole "Titanic" thing is the main reason to buy the gen so a rep would really defeat the purpose...

honestly I don't care about the Titanic Story... I love the look.

And regarding it being inappropriate... well some perspective maybe... 15% of you guys who are married your wife is wearing a blood diamond on her finger every day... however 99% don't know whether you are within those 15%. Google blood diamond and you get the picture of child soldiers, rapes, slavery, killings, murders, cannibalism etc... much worse stuff.

Or how about those child labor goods... , or what about the titanium from russian nuclear subs... where the nuclear part is rotting away and destroying nature and lifes and creating birth defects...

Anyway my point is just because you saw a Hollywood movie the Titanic is probably the least inappropriate stuff going on... Or take regular graves.. regular cemeteries leave a grave for I think 50 years. After that it gets reused as a new grave. Or guess how many cemeteries get redeveloped for roads, housing etc. Sure it's a bit different... but still they got 1.5lb of titanic steel and a few coals.. and blend it into a watch at probably 0.01% concentration.. big deal.

Anyway I'd start first with that diamond on your wife's engagement ring.. because there is a 14% chance that you are directly financing atrocities, murder, child labor, dictators, rape etc..

regarding the rep... They do have a rusted model, but there are also a number of other non-rust models.. which look sweet - question is how real they are.

My past experience with DHGate is that it can go either way... they're affordable but it's a risk.

http://search.dhgate.com/search.do?act=sea...me&catalog=

I'd love for a reputable dealer to stock some of those.. but no one has them in their program. Is there someone where one can request models.. to be bought through them?

honestly I don't care about the Titanic Story... I love the look.

I'd love for a reputable dealer to stock some of those.. but no one has them in their program. Is there someone where one can request models.. to be bought through them?

I am with you on liking the look - although Phoband (I think) took a picture of the gen a few months back and it just didn't do it for me once I saw that. As to the reps, Andrew has it listed on his site, think the other dealers do too, but it isn't the best rep out there. This http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...roducts_id=2964 would be the best of them, but for a start the seconds hand should be red.

Hope this helps.

15% of you guys who are married your wife is wearing a blood diamond on her finger every day... however 99% don't know whether you are within those 15%.

Very true...but to your point: 100% of the people that buy a DNA are 100% certain of the fact that their watch is crafted from one of the most horrific maritime tragedies ever... If you like the style, I'm glad you'd rather a rep than a gen :)

@Mobile1 ... my comments were not meant as anything "Personal" toward you per-say ..

the History of the Titanic was around long before the Movie (the latest one) ..

would it offend people were you to tell them the tech behind the timepiece.??... I dunno.. but it's something to think about .. it was a tragedy for the ages though.

Is the maker of the genuine capitalizing and exploiting the tragedy ? Again, I dunno.. that is something only the person that lay's his money down can decide for himself ..

If you feel no karma is broken .. then that is your choice ... I guess what I'm saying is we all have "Choices" , and only you can decide what is right for you, and if you would feel proud to wear such a timepiece .. again, up to you.

As for me I already decided as the rest of my family has ... our ashes will be cast to Hawaii's waters ... can't stand the thought of being underground.. :)

what ever you decide

Live Strong and Wear it Well !!

Aloha~Cheers

Lani