When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

It is a vagina, not a clown car

Fidestro

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/WomensHealth/...9355&page=1

I assume many of you know about the woman in the story above, the one who just gave birth to eight kids, already had six at home. All of the kids were created via in vitro, the woman is unemployed, unmarried, and living with her (also unemployed) parents. I was at dinner with my family yesterday, all of us are in the medical profession in one way or another and we had a debate on ethics and this woman's sanity.

Your throughts?

The Docs involved should lose their ability to do in vitro....Just because you can doesn't mean you should

Right...way too many were implanted... obviously overkill and please tell me how 14 children are going to get proper love and attention... come on.

I assume many of you know about the woman in the story above, the one who just gave birth to eight kids, already had six at home. All of the kids were created via in vitro, the woman is unemployed, unmarried, and living with her (also unemployed) parents. I was at dinner with my family yesterday, all of us are in the medical profession in one way or another and we had a debate on ethics and this woman's sanity.

Your throughts?

"It is a vagina not a clown car". Instant classic. :rofl: The circus will never be the same

Your throughts?

I am told giving birth is a surprisingly uncomfortable experience.

This woman is a machine.

I like the idea, if the doctors were responsible for the children as well as the mother, it would be great. With their huge wages the children would be well cared for, hopefully well educated and would be an asset to society.

Otherwise dont do it coz U can. I can do 160mph past a school, but I dont, thats hopefully because I'm a responsible adult. Take account of your actions.

Your throughts?

Doesn't bother me one bit, as long as it costs the taxpayer $0. Unfortunately, though, it looks like this crazy broad is going to cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands at a minimum.

Here's a great analysis: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...Up-Against.html

Doesn't bother me one bit, as long as it costs the taxpayer $0. Unfortunately, though, it looks like this crazy broad is going to cost taxpayers hundreds of thousands at a minimum.

Exactly...if you can afford it...well, I still don't see how those kids are going to grow up "normal" with their mother/father running around trying to take care of 14 kids...and if there's a divorce or something? Forget about it.

As fakey and Chief have mentioned, however, we're going to be supporting her nutty ass and the unprofessional work of those MD's for quite some time...

Here's a great analysis: http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archive...Up-Against.html

You also need to take into account that the chances of any of these kids are going to grow up to be well adjusted members of society. A kid, with 13 brothers and sisters, born into this well publicized circus of a family without a father figure had almost no chance to make it in the world. Eventually one of them will cost us something when they end up in the slammer.

I am not knocking those of you from large families or those of you who grew up without a mother or father, but it is important for a child to have a support structure, and this lady obviously does not cut it.

Well it gets even weirder in that she now claims to have done it for the money and the chance to get her own TV show on childcare.

The talking heads (Oprah, Katie and Diane Sawyer) are already jockeying and tossing in millions to get the interview.

A clear indication that the wheels are coming off the bus of our culture

Well it gets even weirder in that she now claims to have done it for the money and the chance to get her own TV show on childcare.

The talking heads (Oprah, Katie and Diane Sawyer) are already jockeying and tossing in millions to get the interview.

A clear indication that the wheels are coming off the bus of our culture

They were well off before that. I read an article a few months back about some show, I think it is called John and Kate Plus Eight, about a husband and wife and their eight children. The article focused on how unhealthy it was for these kids to grow up in the spotlight and how previous shows have produced children with a plethora of problems. I mean think about your childhood and how hard some [censored] was to go through by yourself, then imagine that everyone you would ever meet could possibly know about it all. Too weird.

I suppose things like this reflect my distaste for reality television, which anymore means that I don't watch television at all. There is a reality outside right now folks, and it is strange and scary enough that I don't need the TV version thank you very much.

You also need to take into account that the chances of any of these kids are going to grow up to be well adjusted members of society. A kid, with 13 brothers and sisters, born into this well publicized circus of a family without a father figure had almost no chance to make it in the world. Eventually one of them will cost us something when they end up in the slammer.

I am not knocking those of you from large families or those of you who grew up without a mother or father, but it is important for a child to have a support structure, and this lady obviously does not cut it.

Part of the point being, if it wasn't going to cost the taxpayers a dime, then this probably wouldn't have happened in the first place... or at least that appears to be the case.

Who paid for the invetro? The ironic thing is the article posted earlier in this thread says she has a Bachelors in Child psychology. This woman is out of her freaking mind.

I agree that most of these kids will end up on the wrong side of the law with drug addictions and no direction in life. I wouldn't be surprised to here that DCF steps in and takes the children from her eventually.

The saddest part is, each of these 14 children are free individuals who deserve a good life, full of opportunity and health and love. By her actions this selfish mother has condemned more than 70% of them to a hellish life.

"We have single mothers because more than a million women choose to have children out of wedlock every year in America, and they do not wed or give up their babies for adoption. By their own choices, they consign their children to second-class status. Of all single mothers in America, only 6.5% are widows; 37.8% are divorced and 41.3% gave birth out of wedlock. Controlling for socioeconomic status, race, and place of residence, the strongest predictor of whether a person will end up in prison is that he was raised by a single parent. By 1996, 70% of inmates in state juvenile detention centers serving long-term sentences were raised by single mothers. Seventy-two percent of juvenile murderers and 60% of rapists come from single-parent homes. 70% of teenage births, dropouts, suicides, runaways, juvenile delinquents, and child murderers involve children raised by single mothers. Girls raised without fathers are more sexually promiscuous and more likely to end up divorced. A 1990 study showed that after controlling for single motherhood, the difference between black and white crime rates disappeared."

The chapter from which this quote is taken has 138 end notes; I don't have the original sources for these facts but I can safely assume they're legitimate.

"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing."

I'd suggest this is THE exception to your rule Chief!

Mother Nature / evolution (call it what you like) has a lot more experience under her belt than a handful of delusional glory hungry doctors - and probably why the females of our species have only two feedings stations as standard and not 8 like your average canine.

FGD