When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Special Recognition to dluddy

hackR

All --

I just wanted to share a story on how great this forum is - and it's all about the membership!...

I was looking at a Marina Militare 47mm "destro" (lefty crowned watch)...i loved the look of this watch a lot...not being at all familiar with this watch, i searched and found that dluddy was very knowledgeable on PAMs and the like...i pm'd him and learned a lot about the "destro" varieties of watches -- with a special intro to the PAM 239 Submersible destro model...dluddy owns a beauty!...not only did he answer my questions on these watches, he gave me some "history"...He mentioned that this model comes up every now and again thru sales...I asked him to keep an eye out for me...Immediately, the next day, he sent me a pm on a sale -- but i missed it due to the Super Bowl...but, today he pm'd me that one was being sold at RG...unfortunately, it was in the VIP sales area -- and i'm not a VIP over there; just a supporter over here...I asked him if he could help me with the details and to pm the seller, etc...dluddy sent me an email with the watch details cut/pasted from the RG post...he then sent the seller a pm that i would be contacting him...i pm'd the seller "blindly"...

well -- it all worked out...the watch is now mine!...

I can't thank dluddy enough for the assist...a great guy -- who went far and above for me...i can't thank him enough...

as with a few others on this forum, this is a great place to learn, hobby, and enjoy the comaraderie of others...

over and out...

R-

post-16947-1233710720_thumb.jpg post-16947-1233710738_thumb.jpg

lol...been a p-long day.... :unsure:

post corrected...

R-

Needless to say.. the good will and great vibes starts at the Top with Admin and the Admin Team .. and DL along with all the Mod Team exemplifies great leadership !!!!! :1a:

pluddy is that Dluddy's brother ??