When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my Narikaa one this morning - beautiful watch although unfortunately the pearl's missing, have mailed him to see what to do about it.

The watch looks *great* though. I've tried a gen on and this looks like a great match. Also got Narikaa black with orange stitching strap which I'm intending to fit.

Once I've resolved the pearl issue I'm going to take it to a local watchdealer to have it pressure tested - I'll post back the results we all know what the water resistance is like.

Ric

Waterproofed Mine as instructed, re pressed saphire, expoxy glued helium valve, greased back and crown,tightened mega tight, and went to gran canaria on holiday,

My Patek Phillipe Aquanaut of Reg survived the 2 weeks

However the Porika failed, managed 2 weeks in the pool and then leaked in the Sea

(huge waves i'll admit) needed to open, dissasemble and dry out

Seems so far to have survived its wetting though :-)

• 1 month later...

i say to reg to send me omega planet ocean-QUANTUM OF SOLACE!HE say to me that have this watch with same quality and from same factory!what can i say?reg is fantastic man!thanks-i wait for my quantum of solace-45mm!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I went ahead and filed the crown "area" so that it may accept a genuin PO crown and tube. I am a just a bit disapointeed with the bezel construction as teh bezel insert is required for teh instalation of the bezel spring, something that inevitably will lead to issues with the bezel dot alignement with the dial.

BTW, I am palnning to instal a 32mm MKII milsub dial, as the original one has irrelevant lume. And that will probably lead meto the instalation on an ETA 2836, as soon as I find out that the movement ring of the movement is adequate. The hands lume can still be seen in th early hours in the morning, something you cannot say about the dial.

I am suprised with the movement: it hacks, it handwinds, it has good accuracy, a nice power reserve. It makes you think... I would love to keep it. If I could find suitable hands with decent, functional lume, I might just do that.

Even with all the "negatives", I still think it represents amazing value. And I would pay another a 50% plus just to have some decent lume.

With replicas I find it hard to justify paying a lot more than that Reg asks for. Go Reg!