When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

Yesterday I received my new Narikaa PO...it is amazing - to me...An amazing deal - typical of Narikaa's quality/value ratio...kudos to Reg...

After opening the package, i immediately contacted him to place an order for an orange bezel one!...i think it's that good...

I am no expert on POs, put this watch was advertised to have a correctly placed HE valve w/ "HE", bezel aligned correctly, AR, asian movement...The AR is very nice on this watch...clear, slight blue tint and really highlights the black matte finish of the dial...And personally, if someone knowledgeable enough to spot the difference between this watch and a gen, is that close to me, then they probably have violated my personal space -- and trust me, wouldn't be able to spot a rep again!... ;)

quick pix...the shot of all three is the one Reg "advertised"...the others i took quickly...

enjoy...R

42mmpoaau0.jpg

img1181mediumhh1.jpg

img1182mediumdk0.jpg

img1183mediumie9.jpg

img1191mediumzn5.jpg

img1186mediummh7.jpg

img1187mediumza8.jpg

img1188mediumjm5.jpg

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats and welcome to the PO club. It is a good club to be in. Just a cool watch and very versatile when you start experimenting with some different straps, etc.

One thing though, consider having Chief do double AR for you. It is the whole deal in this watch as I believe you and I have spoken about before. As you mention the flaws aren't even worth mentioning, but the AR is probably the only one.

But even if that isn't a consideration, do it because it captures the true essence of the watch and gives it the richness that makes the blackness of the matte dial just pop off the wrist. Noone would notice the AR unless you know what it looks like with the AR or the watch is in the company of the gen and then it is very obvious. Night and day really. These two dials are the same shade of black believe it or not...

DSC08446.jpg

Again, congrats and wear it well whether you decide to AR or not to AR!

yes...it was just under $100usd...a steal...

the build quality is high...and it has great detail...

@RobbieG --> will definitely consider it!...this watch does have some AR...it's at least of the quality of my breitling skyland and steelfish...i am very impressed with the black matte dial...as your pix show, the dial really jumps out at ya...

when i say i "immediately" sent a note to Reg, i mean it...this watch floored me...i sent him a note for the orange bezel model AND asked him to find me a comparable quality broad arrow...

i will say, tho, today i sold my WBK SMP...after getting this PO, the Bond SMP just didn't do it for me, anymore...i think it's the hands, black matte dial, bracelet and overall look/feel...you live, you learn...the WBK SMP is also great quality at a great price...but the PO, imho, is "hands down" better...

oh...and i ordered a 20mm black rubber strap from tonyxkf on cqout...inspired by Robbie's gen!...Robbie -- someday, when my wife's not looking, lol, i'll have to spring for the shark strap...love that combo...

R-

By the way, hands look too short or is it my impression?

@rhack1, can you post some pics in the dark to see how good is the lume of hands and marks?

@RobbieG: where did you get yours? how good are them? price -if you "remember it?

Thanks both of you and all the other members who read this. Just a few questions which arised after my last post...

relox

I am getting one, as well. If Narika, of course, can get me one like rhack1

@relox --> lume is standard rep lume...works fine, but fades fast...yes - i believe the hands are a little shorter...RobbieG's gen is on the left above...his rep is next to it...be careful not to get tooooooo hung up on all the "faults" with reps - unless you are collecting "super reps"...remember, my friend, my rep is $100usd...for that price, to me, it's a tremendous deal...

Narikaa - a very reputable and responsive dealer is a great guy to work with...a gentlemen and a scholar... ^_^

@relox --> lume is standard rep lume...works fine, but fades fast...yes - i believe the hands are a little shorter...RobbieG's gen is on the left above...his rep is next to it...be careful not to get tooooooo hung up on all the "faults" with reps - unless you are collecting "super reps"...remember, my friend, my rep is $100usd...for that price, to me, it's a tremendous deal...

Narikaa - a very reputable and responsive dealer is a great guy to work with...a gentlemen and a scholar... ^_^

Hi, rhack!

I know it

yup...definitely a 42mm...

it does have some 45mm features...which, of course, are faults...the engraving on the clasp, for example, should not have the word "professional" on the 42mm...

Actually, the bezel is the one thing about the 42mm that I don't like. I wish the Gen had the 45mm style like your rep!

i try to keep my price point in the rep world to under $200usd, with many near the $100 mark...

i am HUGELY impressed with this watch - a $100usd rep...

in value/looks/quality it ranks right up there with my PAM239 Sub "destro", ALS Lange1, VC 1755 Jubile, Breits Skyland gray & SFSO white, Patek Sky Moon, Patek Calatrava Officer's watch, HBB "lite" with CF dial...

i'm sold on Omegas...this watch has great weight/feel/looks/presence...what more could you want?!...

Are you sure it's a 42mm and not a 45? The bezel teeth are of the type used on the 45mm PO.

In any event, great looking watch! It's a classic for sure.

Hi, SporsterRider,

Do you think you could find and post pics of both models (the ok ones), so that we can realize that? I am going to try finding and posting those 2 pics, but, since I am new, I don

@relox...i went with the black bezel for versatility - casual and dress...but after receiving it, i decided that the value was too much to pass up -- so i ordered an orange one for casual/sport wearing...for $100usd, i'm opting to buy two...and if i find the right Broad Arrow white dial, i'll make it an Omega hat-trick!...

@relox...i went with the black bezel for versatility - casual and dress...but after receiving it, i decided that the value was too much to pass up -- so i ordered an orange one for casual/sport wearing...for $100usd, i'm opting to buy two...and if i find the right Broad Arrow white dial, i'll make it an Omega hat-trick!...

Which one is the Broad Arrow white dial? Sorry for asking, it may seem ridiculous, but I don