When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new Narikaa 42mm PO; black bezel; sexy

hackR

I'm not being an idiot. There are other 42mm POs with Asian movements that are not this one, and they've been around a while, and many variations have come and gone over time. The text on the dial doesn't look good on the ones I was talking about (Trusty sells/sold them for $118 I believe). The dial text was enough to turn me off, but the bezel had the correct teeth. This one has good font but bad bezel teeth.

I fear this may be a n00b question :mellow: but could Trusty supply a good bezel that could then be swapped onto this one which has good text?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, whitestripes, it was not my intention to offend you or anyother fellow member of RWG. If I did, I apologize sincerely, knowing in advance that you will forgive my mistake.

Regarding the watch, I think we could define it as a UPO in 42 mm: has the same feet in the crown, the "Professional" engraved in the SS bracelet... And, of course, it

Just got my fixed SS bracelet and took these wrist shots of the black bezel 42mm version..

m_wristside.jpg

m_wristviewlugside.jpg

m_wristclaspview.jpg

Wow! tmeister, it looks really really wonderful! I wish I had mine here too. I have to deal with some issues related to the payment and then... I will post pics, I promise.

By the way, I chose the same you chose: the black bezel, white numbers one. Could you take a shot in the dark to see the lume? Any other pic will be appreciated as well. And don

great pix, tmeister...

i've solved the rubber strap vs. ss bracelet dilemna...

1) black bezel PO w/ ss bracelet

2) orange bezel PO w/ black rubber strap

ooops...forgot...they are sooooo good you have to buy two watches...

(figuring my orange bezel'd PO is coming tomorrow...it is time!)

R-

great pix, tmeister...

i've solved the rubber strap vs. ss bracelet dilemna...

1) black bezel PO w/ ss bracelet

2) orange bezel PO w/ black rubber strap

ooops...forgot...they are sooooo good you have to buy two watches...

(figuring my orange bezel'd PO is coming tomorrow...it is time!)

R-

If it

thanks, fellas, you won't be disappointed with the 42mm...installing the endlinks is a bit finicky because the tolerance is nil hahaha! so tight.....took me 15 minutes to fiddle with them without trying to scratch the lugs....

m_caseback-3.jpg

For the price and quality of these, I'm thinking that they may be my first rep buy... :)

thanks, fellas, you won't be disappointed with the 42mm...installing the endlinks is a bit finicky because the tolerance is nil hahaha! so tight.....took me 15 minutes to fiddle with them without trying to scratch the lugs....

m_caseback-3.jpg

I hope anyone can give us a piece of advice on how to do such a thing without *hurting* our dear POs. A video would be worth of our applause.

relox

I got the black on white and it's real nice. Bad thing is the fit on the end links are so good I couldn't get the bracelet off to try it on a strap. I finally gave up after 30 minutes.

I got the black on white and it's real nice. Bad thing is the fit on the end links are so good I couldn't get the bracelet off to try it on a strap. I finally gave up after 30 minutes.

hahaha! I sympathize with you there....the end link fit is really tight!!!! Fitting it ON was just as frusttrating as you trying to remove it!

So, from now on, I will let my Japanese watchmaker do all that if need be....he has all the proper tools and know-how to do the job!!! I watched him remove 2 links with his right gear!!.....and he did not want to charge me! but I gave him some money anyways, since he does all my watch work...and he is 86?

relox, I don't show the PO purposely to others but did show it to one of my Panasonic engineer students...his wife wanted a basic $100 watch for Valentine's Day....my student's jaw dropped when he felt and found out what I had paid for the rep!!!! hahahaha!

hahaha! I sympathize with you there....the end link fit is really tight!!!! Fitting it ON was just as frusttrating as you trying to remove it!

So, from now on, I will let my Japanese watchmaker do all that if need be....he has all the proper tools and know-how to do the job!!! I watched him remove 2 links with his right gear!!.....and he did not want to charge me! but I gave him some money anyways, since he does all my watch work...and he is 86?

relox, I don't show the PO purposely to others but did show it to one of my Panasonic engineer students...his wife wanted a basic $100 watch for Valentine's Day....my student's jaw dropped when he felt and found out what I had paid for the rep!!!! hahahaha!

Well, since my PO is on its way home (come, baby, come...) I will have a chance to go to my watchmaker, who is also a good friend of my family, and ask him for some help in the near future.

tmeister, I know you don

Wow, what can I say.

Reg contacts me on 18th everything goes fine.

I realise I have given my work address to him (I'm off work for about 3 days) so I request that the watch be delivered to my home address.

He replies in the morning yesterday (19th) saying, no problem but it's now its not being sent out in todays shipment.

:( Gutted by this response...as I want the watch as quickly as possible lol, I kindly email him saying it would be greatly appreciated if he could somehow post it that day....

Few hours later I get my tracking code :D

This morning I receive my watch. Great little watch for the money!

What service and great communication from Reg cant rate him highly enough!

Might put some pics up later :p

Wow, what can I say.

Reg contacts me on 18th everything goes fine.

I realise I have given my work address to him (I'm off work for about 3 days) so I request that the watch be delivered to my home address.

He replies in the morning yesterday (19th) saying, no problem but it's now its not being sent out in todays shipment.

:( Gutted by this response...as I want the watch as quickly as possible lol, I kindly email him saying it would be greatly appreciated if he could somehow post it that day....

Few hours later I get my tracking code :D

This morning I receive my watch. Great little watch for the money!

What service and great communication from Reg cant rate him highly enough!

Might put some pics up later :p

good to hear you are satisfied with the 42mm one.....and hope rlox too should enjoy this fine replica....have to say mine ranks up there with many of my seikos.....which is saying alot......!!!

new shot of my black version....

fulldialviewgood.jpg

and the orange bezel version....

dialreflection.jpg

good to hear you are satisfied with the 42mm one.....and hope rlox too should enjoy this fine replica....have to say mine ranks up there with many of my seikos.....which is saying alot......!!!

new shot of my black version....

fulldialviewgood.jpg

and the orange bezel version....

dialreflection.jpg

I have just paid for it (I did yesterday in the night) and I already have my tracking number.

I will tell you about my experience when I get my PO -what a pity I won

Edited by relox

Hi, relox. Nothing to do with the watch purchase per se, but just a congrats on your patience in such matters. For some strange reason, there seems to be a rash of watch repair fellows who are really getting overloaded with work and aggressive emails about their watches/parts.....to the point that some of these great guys are getting very annoyed and quitting the service they give to us watch lovers.....so again, your patience will be rewarded!

Well, I guess this hobby is very similar to fishing: you have to be patient. And we should realize that a dealer is a busy person who has a life -like all of us- and a business to do -and that involves not only replying mails, but providing the best products and services to his customers-.

By the way, my mistake was really fun. If I had bothered Reg with such a silly requirement (send my watch! send my tracking number! now!) I would have had to ask for a mate here with a hummer in order to do the following:

:bangin:

Hehehe! Well, when I get my watch I will tell you, tmeister and other fellow members. But that will be this next week... :-)

Well, I guess this hobby is very similar to fishing: you have to be patient. And we should realize that a dealer is a busy person who has a life -like all of us- and a business to do -and that involves not only replying mails, but providing the best products and services to his customers-.

By the way, my mistake was really fun. If I had bothered Reg with such a silly requirement (send my watch! send my tracking number! now!) I would have had to ask for a mate here with a hummer in order to do the following:

:bangin:

Hehehe! Well, when I get my watch I will tell you, tmeister and other fellow members. But that will be this next week... :-)

Like Christmas...anticipation is half the fun! haha!