When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Rubens Barichello II?

hey guys.. we've seen alot of secs at 12 being introduced lately.. but i think most of us agreed that we would like to see the AP ROO Rubens Barichello II (rose gold especially) being introduced with the secs @ 12 and ceramic bezel.. and i've heard here somewhere before that the dealers have purchased the gens and is trying to replicate the watch.. is this a true story or not true? because i'm still holding my breath for one of this baby!!

Yes but the risk tof completely dismantling the watch for repping purpose than re-assemble is a big risk to take for such an expensive watch!

I agree. For such an expensive watch, with a voided warranty, I don't think resale is an attractive option. Even if you asked AP to service it, it would take them 6-12 months and they'd probably charge a few thousand dollars, depending on how bad the rep manufacturers screwed up the parts.

hey guys.. we've seen alot of secs at 12 being introduced lately.. but i think most of us agreed that we would like to see the AP ROO Rubens Barichello II (rose gold especially) being introduced with the secs @ 12 and ceramic bezel.. and i've heard here somewhere before that the dealers have purchased the gens and is trying to replicate the watch.. is this a true story or not true? because i'm still holding my breath for one of this baby!!

I heard that this one is in the works, and it should be released sooner than later. As to them buying the gen, I am not sure, but I just hope if they come out with a new one, that they have better pictures than the previous one. I was also told that it will be more expensive than current models, so I hope they will be titanium as well.

It will be intresting to see what happens. :p:p:p

They need to get the Singapore F1 model sorted!! How can you rep a pure carbonfibre case with PVD coated SS???? That is one of the most stunning watches on the market right now, if they can get that fixed and the RB2 at a sensible price, I honestly think they will blow the market with them! Easy 2 watches in the top 3-5 of 2009!

Thats what I was saying Ice! They have repped this already using a solid SS PVD coated case!! The watch is amazingly beautiful, (well it is if you are a carbon freak like me! I used to race bikes so must be lighter, must be faster!! lol) But talking to a friend about it, they have handled the gen and the rep and they are light years apart, the colour of red is way off, they haven't even tried to make it look in any way carbon. It just a shambles!

If they get these 2 watches right, who ever manages it at a decent price is going to be very rich indeed!

correct me of i'm wrong. But isn't the current RB (RG)edition quite accurate? apart from the second @9

No?

Exactly. They even did the ceramic bezel. For some bizarre reason the factory that did the good version, doesnt use the sec at 12 movement.

Very weird indeed.

When they released the RB, movt @12 was not out yet.

I mean since they already have a decent case, the correct dial too, and now, the correct movt, it shouldn't be too much work for them to put it together and just replace the movement.

In fact, Josh did tell me not go get the RB movt @9 in January because he said a better version will come.

Edited by arrowax

He said the same thing to me .

Probably more of an inventory issue though, I suspect. I heard there were other inaccurancies and the 12 O'clock will undoubtedly be over $560.

Its a lot of money to pay for a fake / replica - hopwever accurate it is still a fake and nowheree near as good a the original - this is a 60K watch...

He said the same thing to me .

Probably more of an inventory issue though, I suspect. I heard there were other inaccurancies and the 12 O'clock will undoubtedly be over $560.

Its a lot of money to pay for a fake / replica - hopwever accurate it is still a fake and nowheree near as good a the original - this is a 60K watch...

$80 k, (http://cgi.ebay.com/Audemars-Piguet-Royal-Oak-Offshore-Barrichello-II-RG_W0QQitemZ190258461499QQihZ009QQcategoryZ31387QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksi

dZp1713.m153.l1262)

The $560 AP ROO is as good as the gen though (most of it), lets hope the same for RB2. :D

they can use hard-plastic as carbonfibre case, weight and looks will be very identical.

pvd ss would look very off imo.

alinghicarbonpi8.jpg

plasticky!

I think they could use Corian (yes the hard plastic used for kitchen surfaces) they can mimic the finish of the carbon , is really hard and light so it could be a really nice option for rep all the carbon pressed-AP