When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed please

Jit

Hi everyone. I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I'm from the UK and have been on here for some time reading and learning. I finally took the plunge and ordered a beginmariner from Josh at PC. I was given all the tracking info by Josh for EMS and have been tracking. I had a check yesterday and it stated that it arrived at UK airport on the 8th Feb and then handed to customs. Is this normal practice or do people think that I will now not get my order??

I have written to Josh about half an hour ago explaining this and hope he gets back to me to see what happens or where we go from here (he has always been very quick to respond to my emails)

Has anyone from the UK or anywhere in the world for that matter experienced this???

Being a noob, I'm somewhat worried and panicking!!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Jit

Dear Jon and Billy, thanks for responding.

Josh as usual got back to me very quickly and said that 'handed to customs' is a standard tracking description used by EMS and 'not to worry'.

He also said that items are normally released 3 days after being handed to customs. The watch arrived in the UK according to EMS tracking on the 8th so I'm kind of hoping and praying I get something tomorrow. If I don't get anything by the end of the week I'll contact Josh again.

Billy - I certainly hope that the customs guy is not rocking my beginmariner!! Arrrgghhhh!!!!!

Like you say Jon, I'll have to hold tight and be patient!!!

Thanks guys again for responding.

Fingers crossed!!!!

Best wishes,

Jit.

Welcome aboard. You should read the Noob Guide linked in my Signature. It has links to posts about shipping tracking and what to expect for reps coming in from China.

To make a long story short...as others have said...all packages from China get handed to Customs. Usually this is not a big deal...occasionally in the UK...there can be issues, but these types of issues usually result in the package being sent back to China and Josh reshipping you another one. Don't worry...you will get a watch...it just takes time.

Many folks in the EU recommend buying only from dealers who ship from within the EU to avoid customs issues and to speed delivery.

Read the Noob Guide and all will be revealed.

Buying from dealers or members who are in the EU normally is a lot safer.

I don't know for the UK but in the Netherlands , for instance , once you get caught by the customs trying to

import a timepiece you will be in their system with name address etc for ever.

If experienced it and nothing comes to my doorstep anymore via a courier reg airmail sometimes.

Normally it's worth the little extra money.

Capre Diem

Cats

Thanks jmarin.72 for your re assurance.

Also, many thanks Toadtorrent. I have just found and read all the posts on customs and found them most usefull.

Thanks again to everyone and hopefully I will get something through and will let you guys know.

Thanks again RWG crew!

Best wishes,

Jit

Thanks jmarin.72 for your re assurance.

Also, many thanks Toadtorrent. I have just found and read all the posts on customs and found them most usefull.

Thanks again to everyone and hopefully I will get something through and will let you guys know.

Thanks again RWG crew!

Best wishes,

Jit

Excellent - Sit back enjoy the day, pour yourself a cool glass of beer in the evening.

When you have the watch, post those wrist shots :D

Welcome to RWG . No lookin' back and fun all the way

Peace

:D

Hi everyone. Just checked the tracking with EMS and it states that it has been released by customs!!!!!!!

So, it should be on my wrist this evening!!!!!!!

I'll get some some picures up as soon as I can.

Thanks again for all the advice and re-assurance.

Big reps out to the RWG massive!!!!!!!!

One last thing guys...I have 6.5 inch wrists (tiny I know!) is there a link on how to adjust the bracelet on a sub as I think it will need shortening.

Best wishes,

Jit

Hi everyone. Just checked the tracking with EMS and it states that it has been released by customs!!!!!!!

So, it should be on my wrist this evening!!!!!!!

I'll get some some picures up as soon as I can.

Thanks again for all the advice and re-assurance.

Big reps out to the RWG massive!!!!!!!!

One last thing guys...I have 6.5 inch wrists (tiny I know!) is there a link on how to adjust the bracelet on a sub as I think it will need shortening.

Best wishes,

Jit

Jit 1 - Customs Man 0

Small watchmakers screwdrivers set is an invaluable tool for you now - Cheap and a must for any new collector - a tip is on any watch you get through, just double check all casing, pin and link screws are tight ( do not overtighten them ). - All UK 'cheap shops' will have these in the diy section

The links on your watch will be 1.4mm flathead screws - easy peasy.

Things can get unsettled during transport ;)

pics, pics, pics

Peace.

:)

Jit 1 - Customs Man 0

Small watchmakers screwdrivers set is an invaluable tool for you now - Cheap and a must for any new collector - a tip is on any watch you get through, just double check all casing, pin and link screws are tight ( do not overtighten them ). - All UK 'cheap shops' will have these in the diy section

The links on your watch will be 1.4mm flathead screws - easy peasy.

Things can get unsettled during transport ;)

pics, pics, pic

Peace.

:)

Very good advice :thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks Billy :) Mike