When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tell and show us your Datejust

relox

The title states it clear:

- Post pics of your Datejust.

- Let us know your experience and anecdotes with this watch:

When did you buy it?

How long did you wear it?

Did anybody realized it was a rep?

Which dealer / factory makes the best in your opinion?

What would you *change* or *mod* to make it even better?

Which watch do you prefer as a dress watch (Rolex or non-Rolex)?

And any other thing you wanna tell your RWG folks, which we will appreciate.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience with such a great piece from such a great firm. A Rolex is a Rolex, isn

Datejusts are so classy. They can be worn by all, and look great, in suit or jeans. Loads of dial options, which is good for the rep and gen buyer. I have one and it's my only rep, would love to own a gen and I'm thinking of getting one but a good quality rep is very close to a gen, and frankens might as well be gen.

It's also the only one of my watches to be commented on by women my gf likes it on me, a few lasses at work said how nice it was and a freinds gf was admiring it the other day, guess it's the salmon and fake diamond dial, told the lasses at work it was gen they thought I was well flash lol, even tho if it was gen it would not be my most expensive watch.

I bought it on the bay, and it has a 2846 movement and I love the

datewheel, it's got patina but I like it, I wear it most days and it passed a 50m water test. I have posted some pics before but will post another

dj3.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread. But anyway, I have had a gen DJ of some kind at all times for the past 20 years or so. It was my first really nice watch I ever had and while the look of them has changed over the years I have always had soft spot in my heart for them. The DJ/DD are equally and easily the most iconic wristwatch ever.

I have one rule, and that is not to wear a Datejust with short sleeves as it takes away from the 'pop' of the watch as well as its intended use by design really. But 36MM is not as small as some think. I have 7.5"wrists and when worn with the proper attire they will never look small, dainty, or femine in any way which is a common misconception. In fact, just the opposite. It is the smallest watch I own and easily the one that still gets the most compliments. I would also like to note that while it works with a suit, I usually prefer a straped dress watch for a suit as I think it more elegant. So I guess I don't really think of it as a dress watch. When wearing mine I'm most likely wearing a colored Armani (or Zegna or Paul Smith - you get the picture..) long sleeve dress casual shirt worn untucked with jeans or slacks and more casual shoes. In other words, it wants to be seen and not hidden under a cuff and jacket!

I was excited to upgrade to a new M serial 116200 recently. For many who don't know, Rolex recently introduced some changes for the watch which make it all the more luxurious and substantial. First, the lugs (not the lug width, the lugs themselves) are slightly larger which gives the watch a considerably bigger appearance and more square shoulderd lool. Second, the new solid center link bracelets and Rolesor clasps are just to die for. Totally luxurious finish and feel. No more flimsy feel and clasp rattling around. Finally, although not specific to the Datejust, the new 904L steel Rolex uses is just off the charts good looking. Rolex has always had the best looking gold and platinum - mostly because they have their own foundry and make their own alloys. In the case of gold, the colorfastness is amazing since they mix a small amount of platinum in to lock in the color and patina. The 904 is no exception in the good looks department. It is just so much whiter than 316 and just pops off the wrist like you can't believe.

So for me, it is the combination of the luxuriousness of the 904 with its white hue, the polished center links on the Oyster bracelet and Rolesor clasp, and even the understated 36MM size itself that actually makes people notice it without thinking the wearer is obnoxious. That is one phenomenon I have noticed about bigger watches with a lot of shine - they can kind of look like "too much" and draw negative attention (including mine). But because the watch is not so big, the extra shine of the polished parts and the 904 is welcomed as it adds to the richness without being silly. I can't say it enough, when worn just outside a nice black sleeve, the watch is just unreal. People notice it all the time in restaurants where I usually am when wearing it - severs, other patrons, people I'm meeting with, etc. but I can see why. It just launches itself off the wrist. It is just uncanny how much attention the most known and mundane design can get. Meanwhile, I can be wearing some 44MM thing and nobody says a word. True story.

So without further delay, may I present my dear and current Datejust M with Rhodium Roman dial, domed bezel and Oyster bracelet. The smallest watch in the box with a most powerful punch...

DJ10.jpg

DJ1.jpg

DJ2.jpg

DJ7.jpg

DJ6.jpg

Datejust2.jpg

DJ12.jpg

DJmini1.jpg

DJwrista.jpg

• 1 month later...