When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Biggest Loser

southcoast68

All right, I have been watching this reality series on NBC for a couple of seasons now and I am becomming more and more convinced that there are some watch advertising goin on here. For those who do not know, there are two professional trainers on the show that each have a team. Recently, I have noticed that both of these trainers are wearing something high end watches, sometimes different watches in different parts of the program. I noticed trainer Bob wearing; Hublot Big Bang, AP Royal Oak Offshore Chrono, Panerai, what looks to be an all gold Rolex GMT as well as an all gold watch that is shaped similar to a Frank Mueller. I also noticed trainer Gillian wearing what clearly looks like an all gold Rolex Daytona as well as what looks like a Cartier Roadster. No doubt that these folks could very well afford to collect high end time pieces, but what I notice is that from time to time the camera angles are such that there is no doubt as to what they are wearing. This happens a lot on cooking shows due to the nature of what they are trying to show you and that ones watch is bound to get in a lot of shots, but a reality show about weight loss? The show is interesting enough in how these folks change thier lives and their apperence, but seeing the occasional watch shot makes the program much more interesting for me.

You know, I am really starting to beleive that I am not normal :nerd:

My wife is addicted to that show. :thumbdown:

There's all kinds of product placement advertising on TV these days. They used to have Penta water on Biggest Hoser but Penta must have stopped shelling out the $ because they've been gone for a couple of years.

I'm all for losing weight and getting healthy, but I can't stand any "reality" show.

Normal? What is normal? :g:

Suppose that X is a topological space. X is a normal space if and only if, given any disjoint closed sets {E and F}, there are neighborhoods {U of E} and {V of F} that are also disjoint. With more spectacular verbage, this condition says that E and F can be separated by neighborhoods. The closed sets E and F are separated by their respective neighborhoods U and V.

X is a T4 space, if it is both normal and Hausdorff. X is a completely normal space or a hereditarily normal space if every subspace of X is normal. It turns out that X is completely normal if and only if every two separated sets can be separated by neighborhoods.

X is a T5 space, or completely T4 space, if it is both completely normal and Hausdorff, or equivalently, if every subspace of X is T4.

X is a perfectly normal space if every two disjoint closed sets can be precisely separated by a function. That is, given disjoint closed sets E and F, there is a continuous function f from X to the real line R such the preimages of {0} and {1} under f are E and F respectively. The real line can be replaced with the unit interval [0,1] in this definition; the result is the same. It turns out that X is perfectly normal if and only if X is normal and every closed set is a Gδ set. Equivalently, X is perfectly normal if and only if every closed set is a zero set. Every perfectly normal space is automatically completely normal.

X is a T6 space, or perfectly T4 space if it is both perfectly normal and Hausdorff.

Note that some mathematical literature uses different definitions for the terms "normal" and "T4", and the terms containing those words. The definitions here are the ones usually used today. However, some authors switch the meanings of the two terms in a given pair, or use both terms synonymously for only one condition, and one should take care to find out which definitions the author is using when reading mathematical literature. But "T5" always means the same as "completely T4", whatever that may be.

Terms like normal regular space and normal Hausdorff space also turn up in the literature; these simply mean that the space both is normal and satisfies the other condition mentioned. In particular, a normal Hausdorff space is the same thing as a T4 space. These phrases are useful, since they are less ambiguous given the historical confusion of the terms' meanings.

Fully normal spaces and fully T4 spaces are related to paracompactness.

A locally normal space is a topological space where every point has an open neighborhood that is normal. Every normal space is locally normal, but the converse is not true. A classical example of a completely regular locally normal space that is not normal is the Niemitzki plane.

Happens a lot on sports shows here in the UK, especially Sky Sports football (soccer) on a Sunday. Andy Gray, an ex pro, has a spot on the show where he uses a special monitor to highlight moves or different players. Every week he moves his watch from his left wrist, you can see him commenting on the first of 2 live matches, then at the end of both matches he plays with this special monitor and his watch has suddenly jumped wrists to the hand he is using to run the monitor with a stylus. Sleeve 'accidently' rides up slightly and badabing, nice shiny piece of wrist candy, a different one every week no less! But then this guy gets well over

Suppose that X is a topological space. X is a normal space if and only if, given any disjoint closed sets {E and F}, there are neighborhoods {U of E} and {V of F} that are also disjoint. With more spectacular verbage, this condition says that E and F can be separated by neighborhoods. The closed sets E and F are separated by their respective neighborhoods U and V.

X is a T4 space, if it is both normal and Hausdorff. X is a completely normal space or a hereditarily normal space if every subspace of X is normal. It turns out that X is completely normal if and only if every two separated sets can be separated by neighborhoods.

X is a T5 space, or completely T4 space, if it is both completely normal and Hausdorff, or equivalently, if every subspace of X is T4.

X is a perfectly normal space if every two disjoint closed sets can be precisely separated by a function. That is, given disjoint closed sets E and F, there is a continuous function f from X to the real line R such the preimages of {0} and {1} under f are E and F respectively. The real line can be replaced with the unit interval [0,1] in this definition; the result is the same. It turns out that X is perfectly normal if and only if X is normal and every closed set is a Gδ set. Equivalently, X is perfectly normal if and only if every closed set is a zero set. Every perfectly normal space is automatically completely normal.

X is a T6 space, or perfectly T4 space if it is both perfectly normal and Hausdorff.

Note that some mathematical literature uses different definitions for the terms "normal" and "T4", and the terms containing those words. The definitions here are the ones usually used today. However, some authors switch the meanings of the two terms in a given pair, or use both terms synonymously for only one condition, and one should take care to find out which definitions the author is using when reading mathematical literature. But "T5" always means the same as "completely T4", whatever that may be.

Terms like normal regular space and normal Hausdorff space also turn up in the literature; these simply mean that the space both is normal and satisfies the other condition mentioned. In particular, a normal Hausdorff space is the same thing as a T4 space. These phrases are useful, since they are less ambiguous given the historical confusion of the terms' meanings.

Fully normal spaces and fully T4 spaces are related to paracompactness.

A locally normal space is a topological space where every point has an open neighborhood that is normal. Every normal space is locally normal, but the converse is not true. A classical example of a completely regular locally normal space that is not normal is the Niemitzki plane.

I know this one.

It's the mathematical equation for how many fewer Krispie Kremes the contestants need to eat each day to fit into their favourite pair of pants.

:p

I know this one.

It's the mathematical equation for how many fewer Krispie Kremes the contestants need to eat each day to fit into their favourite pair of pants.

:p

I would just make sure my favorite pair of pants are an XXL! Competition won B)