When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

R from the photos it looks a bit yellowish but I am sure it is the colour balance... Of course there is no need to comment on your reluming skills ;) You have reached perfection and still trying to improve it !!!

I agree, it's something with the camera, in person it looks much more of a sand colour, not so yellow.

Same problem when I take a picture of the Orange Super Lume, it looks bright yellow (the B&R for example).

RG

I pmed you a few weeks back about doing an FGD dial just like this and I just got back on RWG to PM you this morning and it said you weren't accepting PMs. This is EXACTLY what I want you to do to my dial. I'm not sure if you aren't taking anymore work or what, but if you want to do another dial and hand set EXACTLY like this, please PM me as that looks amazing!

You are the Master of Lume!

I just read a story in USA Today about Walmart and a few other companies that had bought over 500 exit signs with tritium for illumination that were being asked to turn them in for destruction (http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2009-02-17-walmart-loses-radioactive-signs_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip). Too bad you can't intercept them. That would give you enough tritium to last a while!

Very nice.....a good result.

The color of the tritium was depending on the year the watch was made and the production-run the dials came from.

OP did the dials and stored them to use them in their batches....as all their watches were small units of 500 pieces (or less) between 1994 - 1997 we see all differnt kind of discoloration.

Just to bring it up again....it

Just interested, how do you apply Tritium?

Is it the same at normal or do have to wear gloves and masks or something? :ph34r:

Applied the same as Super Lume, as long as you don't eat it or get it on your skin, it's harmless...and the stuff I scraped up is old and long past it's prime anyway.

Now Radium is another story...

RG

• 1 month later...