When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Handed to customs"

wraithride

We sit here, reading watch reviews, scrutinizing every detail. Try to decide which dealer we're going to use, which watch, what options - if any, do I get? Finally the decision is made and click the submit button. Then the wait begins. It's a bitter-sweet wait, as some of us have found out, makes the whole process exciting. You can't seem to stop visiting your email inbox, clicking refresh several times an hour, hoping the tracking number appears. Then, alas, it's here!.....but still in china...

Days pass, and you're pretty sure Yahoo is going to send you an email to stop checking your friggin inbox already, you're eating up all their bandwidth! After a few(hundred) visits to the EMS website, you see that it's finally on it's way. You're positive that they are sending it with a little man in a rowboat, because it can't possibly take THAT long to get to the US from China, can it? 5 days and no updates? seriously? One morning you hop back on the EMS site, and you see it...

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Handed over to Customs

Your brain registers two distinct feelings.

1. Elation - IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

2. A pang of fear in seeing the phrase "handed over to customs" - "what if...."

It's amazing how that one little sentence strikes fear into the very soul of a collector waiting for their new prize. I'm going through this now, thought I'd share some of the thoughts that run around when going through the process. Somehow I don't think i'm alone :)

WR

We sit here, reading watch reviews, scrutinizing every detail. Try to decide which dealer we're going to use, which watch, what options - if any, do I get? Finally the decision is made and click the submit button. Then the wait begins. It's a bitter-sweet wait, as some of us have found out, makes the whole process exciting. You can't seem to stop visiting your email inbox, clicking refresh several times an hour, hoping the tracking number appears. Then, alas, it's here!.....but still in china...

Days pass, and you're pretty sure Yahoo is going to send you an email to stop checking your friggin inbox already, you're eating up all their bandwidth! After a few(hundred) visits to the EMS website, you see that it's finally on it's way. You're positive that they are sending it with a little man in a rowboat, because it can't possibly take THAT long to get to the US from China, can it? 5 days and no updates? seriously? One morning you hop back on the EMS site, and you see it...

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USSFOA Handed over to Customs

Your brain registers two distinct feelings.

1. Elation - IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!

2. A pang of fear in seeing the phrase "handed over to customs" - "what if...."

It's amazing how that one little sentence strikes fear into the very soul of a collector waiting for their new prize. I'm going through this now, thought I'd share some of the thoughts that run around when going through the process. Somehow I don't think i'm alone :)

WR

Well....i've witness the Handed over to Customs status at EMS site more than 20 times...(although i am pretty sure that most members

in here have seen that status twice as much)and i got to say that after my 4th order i have stopped paying to much attention on this...in

fact the Handed over to Customs status means that i am only a couple o' days away from my order,so i am quite ok with that.

Cheers

John

Well....i've witness the Handed over to Customs status at EMS site more than 20 times...(although i am pretty sure that most members

in here have seen that status twice as much)and i got to say that after my 4th order i have stopped paying to much attention on this...in

fact the Handed over to Customs status means that i am only a couple o' days away from my order,so i am quite ok with that.

Cheers

John

Very true. I've noticed that the more I go through it, the less it's an issue. I'd say I'm far more excited when I see it, since it's finally in my country.

The OP post made me laugh.

Just today I received the dreaded EMS message *Handed to customs* Now, if I were in the U.S, I wouldn't think much about it, buy since I'm in Colombia and my precious shipment is in the hands of the Colombian customs, well to be realistic, I really doubt I'll be getting anything. Yep, I'm bummed out.

Well what do you know. I did receive the watch, eventhough the box had a note that said it had been opened by customs!

The OP post made me laugh.

Just today I received the dreaded EMS message *Handed to customs* Now, if I were in the U.S, I wouldn't think much about it, buy since I'm in Colombia and my precious shipment is in the hands of the Colombian customs, well to be realistic, I really doubt I'll be getting anything. Yep, I'm bummed out.

Yeah, me neither. This is my 9th purchase i believe, and never a single problem. It's always funny thought when you see posts that pop up, when people make their first purchases and they see "handed to customs" for the first time. Alas, i think it's yet another day before mine comes in. It's in my city, but I don't think they will deliver it today. SO CLOSE!

WR