When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Aquaracer On Strap

vric

Well it was more expensive than what I wanted, but I finally have a nice looking watch.

The bracelet was bad, so I ordered a Bob Strap (great guy and great product)

The Bezel was also bad. A seller on Ioffer sent me a new one with "clicking mechanism" for $15 shipped. The mechanism wouldn't fit the case so I had to glue the bezel :( Good thing is the pearl and the overall finish is much better on this one.

I also had to "repair" the movement even if it's Quartz. A small screw holding the battery in place was loose and the chrono was acting strange. Very simple fix once you see it..

Anyway, after a while and some extra money:

95003-27499.jpg

95003-27500.jpg

The finish between the lug aren't very good (it was supposed to be a metal bracelet, so the rep maker didn't put much attention there)

Let me know what you think.

Edited by vric

Chrono is working, but the sub dials are wrong. It does have a sweeping second chrono hand (movement is Swiss ISA Quartz, 1/5 second movement.)

I also wish I could find a Quartz 1/10th movement.. Miyota have one, but it's quite pricey and I don't think it worth it. (and I'm not sure dials spacing is compatible)

• 4 months later...
Wow nice watch, and very nice picture taking. I have a gen version, but not a chrono, wish I got the chrono now.

Is that a rep or a gen??

It's a (ultra rare) rep from Neil. I remember this one from the old RWG.

Very nice looker.

Wow nice watch, and very nice picture taking. I have a gen version, but not a chrono, wish I got the chrono now.

Is that a rep or a gen??

Like By-Tor said, it's a Rep. Probably the best looking Aquaracer Rep available. I will sell it after holidays to buy some other watch (damn addiction..)

P.S.: I would never pay $1700+ for a Tag Quartz gen :bleh:

No decent TAG reps?

post-2862-1166019733_thumb.jpg

Oh yeah. This is genuine.

You've got a very nice watch, by the way. Congrats!

EDIT -- Let me add this edit. Compare some of the finer points of your watch to mine. The hands, for example. They look great on your watch. Your bezel looks pretty good, too, so for what, $15? it's a pretty nice pick-up. Finally, look at the subdials. I don't think you can see it in my picture, but trust me, the subdials on your watch look pretty darn spot on.

You should be proud of your watch.

It is the same movement as in the "Indy 500" replicas?

The Aquaracer is a better looker. The TAGHeuer logo is much better also... Nice watch! :)

The Indy has one advantage, though.. The bezel with Tachy-sccale is already fixed! :D

168996-10336.jpg

Vric -

Check my TAG Heuer

Click here

It is based off the same specs as yours. Although my case an dial are genuine - but I fitted a ETA 251262 movement in.

Fits straight in and is the same movement as the genuine one.

$75USD for the movement - 1/10

Not too bad for the movement. but would also need gen dial + gen hands... too expensive for that kind of watch. Yours look great.

It is the same movement as in the "Indy 500" replicas?

Don't think so. This one probably use Chinese Miyota OS10 Quartz while mine have a Swiss ISA 8161 Quartz (Some Maurice Lacroix Gen use this movement)

Edited by vric

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the forum and recently took the plunge with a Breitling Rep from Precious Time.

I'm now looking for a Tag and have fallen in love with watch below.

Does anybody know where I can get good reps like below. I've looked at Perfect Clones, Silik Prime & Trusty Time so far, but I'd really like the below rep.

Thanks.

167929-10564.jpg