When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DWs production stopped...

lello

Hi all,

first of all, I want to apologize with all of you who tried to get in touch with me during the last month.

I had some troubles with my work recently and I couldn't find the time to follow this up.

Right now I just answered to the messages I found in my mail box here on RWG, but some others surely found the mailbox full and couldn't even write.

However, I'm very sorry to be obligated to communicate, that all DWs production is stopped at the moment.

The reasons for this to happen, are few, part is because my printer never made them totally correctly and often obligated me to make several replacement, with loss of time and money.

Although I have to say that during the last months, issues were almost all resolved.

One of the main problems was that my printer didn't want to take his responsibilities and asked me to pay for all printed DWs, even the many being re-printed because defective.

This is causing to me a tremendous loss of money..., we are talking about thousands of Euros.

This situation doesn't allow me to prosegue any relationship with this company.

Hopefully I will find the way to solve this controversy with them in the future, if this will happen and I will have the chance to start again the production, I will post right away here on the forum.

There has been also another fact, which pushed me to quit and I want you all know about it.

The "sanctified"The Zigmeister, for some obscure reasons that only he knows, decided to sabotate all my efforts, saying he refused to install any of my DWs, indiscriminately,no matter if they were good.

I never understood why he behaved that way, but I don't care much about it.

But I want members to know who they also have to thank for this end of DW story.

Right now guys, I have lost also interest in replica watches, but I know this is just a temporary feeling.

I hope soon I will come back here, sharing with you what I can, on the board, as I was doing in the past, before I started the DW odissey :)

Surely sometimes I miss all this, so I'm optimistic.

I can also promise that I will try to fix my problems with the printer and if I will have any chance to start againg the DW production, I surely will and will post about it right away.

Now I want to let you know, that I still have some DWs left here, but just a few and only for few models, which I list here:

- Eta 2892 (for Pam)

- Eta 2893 (for Pam)

- Ingy 2824

They work well.

If any of you need one of those, just let me know and I will send them to you.

Just Pm me, as I don't have the meilbox full anymore now and will be checking it.

Thank you very much.

--

Lello.

Hi Lello,

Your DWs will be sorley missed. Infact, some modded Pams or Ingys can only be good as they are with a Lello DW. Though I will sad that there will be no more Lello DWs, I will still like to say a big thank you for all the help you were to me. MY IWC Ingy, which though has been sold, will not have been completed with your kind assistance.

Look forward to you announcing new DWs soon!

Hi there Lello. Long time since 'speaking' with you.......I trust your home situation is all OK and your building project finished and being enjoyed.....

It's always a shame to read posts like these. And having dealt with you in and out of the forum, I can vouch to all that you are one of the good guys with a genuine interest in getting the DW's right for everyone, down to the last detail.

I bought 2 - 1 now in my PAM196 (works very well), the other was for my PAM 250, currently in 'stolen' status with Jakub........I hope I'll see it again one day !!!!!!

But most importantly; I'll give you the same advice you once gave me my friend......don't lose heart and give up completely.

That doesn't mean kill yourself trying to do DW's for everyone. This is a hobby, not full time work. And it should not ruin you economically either....

That means stay with the forum and your friends here...........the hobby is an interesting one from many aspects. Above all some of the technical joys.

Please don't give in and disappear.

Remember - you have your perfect 7753 188 project to complete one day....

And I hold you to the promise of the perfect 196 dial :p ........the quest must not die.........

Live long and prosper.....

Always a pleasure to talk with you Lello. You are a class act and will be sorely missed. Make your vacation a short one - DW's or not, and come back and hang with us. After those two issues bearing down on you I don't blame you for wanting to pull up. Time is a bad enough resource to waste but you have to draw the line at time and money being cost you for any reason.

There has been also another fact, which pushed me to quit and I want you all know about it.

The "sanctified"Ziggy, for some obscure reasons that only he knows, decided to sabotate all my efforts, saying he refused to install any of my DWs, indiscriminately,no matter if they were good.

I never understood why he behaved that way, but I don't care much about it.

But I want members to know who they also have to thank for this end of DW story.

Obviously you cared about it enough to pass on your problems and blame me for your datewheel defects.

Ok, since you want to pass on your problems and blame someone else, I'll clear the air.

The simple fact is that 90% of your Datewheels were/are defective:

- printed incorrectly, some dates are centered in the window, some are high, others are low, all on the same datewheel

- printed incorrectly and all the dates are low in the window

- printed incorrectly and all the dates are high in the window

- paint over the teeth and causing jamming up of the wheel

- paint on the bottom of the datewheel causing jammin up

I don't like to waste anyone's money, and I like even less to waste my time. After multiple failures and many returns where I had to fix problems caused by your defective datewheels at my cost, I stopped installing them.

I made no secret of these problems and posted the results here on RWG, and told my customers as well.

I did try many datewheels when they were sent in to me along with other work, each and every one was installed, and 90% were removed because they were defective.

So let me make sure the membership of RWG knows the truth, somehow it's my fault you manufactured datewheels that were defective, and sent them out to the members (even those that a simple visual inspection where the teeth were all covered in paint and the datewheel was unusable were sent out).

If you ever make datewheels that aren't defective, of course I - and every other watchmaker - will have no problem installing them.

Let me finish by adding that it's YOUR responsiblity to do the required research and make sure your product works as it should.

RG

Lello, you know we have become friends over the last few years ... and as a friend I will state that I don't blame you for the DW's.. in the same breath it is not anyone elses responsibility that the DW were defective, but you and ergo the printer... I had chosen not to pursue the cost (to me) of the defective DW's. which was quite high actually. I had 2 watchsmiths claim they were defective..

I understand your emotions are running high, but Lello... the printer for whatever reason.. be it someone new doing the work.. or whatever, really messed up, granted this had never happened before.. but I don't think it fair to blame anyone else.. no one sabatoged anything.. none of the DW were in correct working order. Can you imagine how frustrating it would be to tear down the movement time and again and none of the DW's functioned properly.. no one brought your name to any board or post .. neither I nor anyone for that matter posted the work was defective.

I have several Pams that i put a lot of $$ into only to have the last piece of the puzzle missing .. the DW .. the most important (to me) the correct font. .. I have lost interest in the Pams (for now) as it was a total frustration.. but with that said, did not blame you .. I was a irratated with the printer.. in general.

And you cannot for any reason blame Ziggy for his policy of not installing After Market DW's .. what would you do if the shoe were on your foot ??? .. it would not be fair to Ziggy or the Client either way it is a Loose~Loose situation.

Again I will say, the money I loss is as far as I am concerned is ... water under the bridge ... this is a hobby and you are not the factory dealer .. ergo .. I was very happy with the Runs that you did that made my reps come alive.. sometimes this is the chance we take .. I am not the only one that has lost money with this passion for timepieces.

Lello, you know me,.. I do not point the finger,... and take responsibility for my own actions .. with that said .. I hope you can find peace, and know that no one was or is, looking to do you harm in any way shape or form .. your defective DW's was not done maliciously on your part .. it not Ziggy's responsibility, nor mine .. but as I said .. I have "let go" .. the fact that I spent a lot of money and the items were defective...

I would have never have posted this,.. but sometimes you have to look within instead of at everyone else..

Aloha~Ciao

Lani

• 3 years later...